VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As the title suggests looking for Freeware RM streaming recorder or similar, preferably open source.
    After doing a quick search it seems to only one listed for RM files is RM Recorder. But the trial version only lets you record 5 mins. I need to record over an hour for quite a few files. Or if anyone else can tell me a better way of downloading the lecture recordings from:
    http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k14790&pageid=icb.page69189
    Cheers
    CC
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi there,

Orbit downloader can download those, with the Grab++ plugin (comes with it)

Good luck in your studies
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Hi there,

Orbit downloader can download those, with the Grab++ plugin (comes with it)

Good luck in your studies
    Thx for your reply, unfortunately it seems to crash every time I try to download any of the lectures. Any ideas if I'm doing anything wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not sure, there was a new version released today, maybe try that one?
    What browser are you using?

(On this PC, it worked for me with the older version, using internet explorer 6)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    I'm not sure, there was a new version released today, maybe try that one?
    What browser are you using?

(On this PC, it worked for me with the older version, using internet explorer 6)
    Using firefox V2 on PC and Orbit V2.6.5
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have Firefox on another PC, I'll give it a shot later

I tried again and confirm it works with IE. Don't you use IE for MS updates? (That's the only reason I have IE on my other computer)

I started the Grab++ BEFORE loading the URL, then I left-clicked the "broadband" link, which downloaded a tiny .ram file (which is just a streaming .rm link); but the URL of the actual file was captured by the Grab++ software. I just checkmarked the actual file that I wanted and pressed "download." The acutal .rm file then should appear in the download manager.

EDIT: I just tried on Firefox, and confirmed it works. Maybe it's because you're across the pond? Can you stream the files normally to view? Maybe check your firewall settings.

Quote Quote