VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using DVD Decrypter for the first time. I am getting this error when it first reads the disc:

Logical unit region has not been set!
    The slower 'Brute Force' VOBDec/DecssPlus cracking methods will be used if I/O Key exchange fails.
    Visit www.firmware.fr.st for region free(RPC Phase 1) Firmware

I tried visiting the site but come up with nothing. Could anyone guide me in the direction of fixing this problem?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use player properties and set a region code i guess.. or use a hacked firmware for region free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the same problem. Is there a fix for this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I get that when I put a DVD into my new burner on my PC. When I put it into my old DVD player on my PC, I do not have this issue. It is probably an issue that has to do with the firmware Decrypter supports.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well I use an Artec 16x DVD-ROM i got from Staples in the middle of last year

I certainly don't want to use another DVD-ROM to rip because this Artec rips at 8x-10x I don't want to be stuck with a 2x rip speed like many people on this board.
    Quote Quote  
  6. SO does anyone know what firmware I need to get or should I just try to rip with Smartripper? What do you guys do?

Thanks
    Quote Quote