VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YES! Next week you too can sit and watch a roomful of people sitting and watching HDTVs!

Seriously though, for those who aren't familar with what this is, retailer Value Electronics sponsors a comparison of the best HDTVs currently available in 2016. Industry professionals and laypersons view and vote on which (generally no price restriction) HDTV is best in multiple pciture quality categories. Even if you're not looking to purchase any of these high end HDTVs, there's lots of interesting presentations during the event and even more discussion, particularly at www.avsforum.com

The prelimnary line-up (subject to change, even at the last minute) is:

Sony XBR-75X940D
    •Samsung UN78KS9800
    •LG 75UH9500
    •LG OLED65G6P OLED TV
    •Vizio 65” R series
    •Hisense 65" H10

Note that these are generally top of the line models, but often a step-down model is shown to have a high percentage of the picture quality at a much lower price.
    Last edited by lingyi; 14th Jun 2016 at 00:16. Reason: Fixed link
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Your link is bad.Also hisense is really bad.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. Fixed link.

Yes, I find it interesting that Hisense is listed (at least in this prelimary list) since price is no object. I'm guessing there's some industry buzz about that particular HDTV since the Shootout generally doesn't add in a low cost entry just to balance the field.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The official lineup has been announced here http://www.avsforum.com/value-electronics-2016-tv-shootout-ce-week

•Sony XBR-75X940D
    •Samsung UN78KS9800
    •LG OLED65G6P OLED TV
    •Vizio 65” R series (Not confirmed)

From the "2016 Shootout FAQ

Why only three (perhaps four) contenders? The number of mainstream TV manufacturers (other than those based in China) has been steadily declining, and these are the only players left standing. Furthermore, the shootout only includes production units, not pre-production or engineering samples."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, I find it interesting that Hisense is listed (at least in this prelimary list) since price is no object. I'm guessing there's some industry buzz about that particular HDTV since the Shootout generally doesn't add in a low cost entry just to balance the field.
    http://www.wired.com/2016/01/hisense-sharp-4k-tvs/
    Quote Quote