VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some VOBs of a ripped DVD on my harddrive. Its a music DVD.
    The DVD is separated into a number of chapters. Each chapter is 1 song.

But the VOB files does not match the chapters. So, I can not just rename the VOBs to MPG....

How can I extract the chapters without actually converting anything. I´m happy with the large file sizes and good DVD quality.

Please help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you pay to register the latest version of VOB2MPG then you can extract by chapter. No encoding, just a repackaging from VOB to MPG.

If you want to do it for free you can use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode to output just a chapter at a time, then use the free VOB2MPG on each VOB that it creates.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Re-rip.
    DVDDecrypter - IFO Mode
    File Splitting - By Chapter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hech54: When I choose IFO mode, I can not choose directory (where they are) - I must choose the CD/DVD drive only.

?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (edited out because of my own stupidness )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, it's manual.

Hech's solution is the cheapest automated method, but you have to re-rip from the original disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah ok! Thanks!!

(Superb forum this. So very quick answers I almost dont have time to express my question until I get the answer in my face.... )
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the disk has been ripped to a folder (and you don't want to re-rip it), open the folder in DVD Shrink, output as an ISO.
    Mount the ISO using (free) Virtual Clone Drive and use DVD Decrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If the entire DVD is on the hard drive and you want to extract the songs (=chapters=cells) out of it, use PGCDemux. Under Options check "Create a PGC VOB" and under Mode choose "Single Cell". Use the drop-down box to choose the cell you want. Each demuxed cell VOB should be a single song.

No need to decrypt it again; no need to make an ISO first. This assumes that you got the IFOs when decrypting, because you'll be opening the IFO for the VTS where these songs are located.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If the entire DVD is on the hard drive and you want to extract the songs (=chapters=cells) out of it, use PGCDemux. Under Options check "Create a PGC VOB" and under Mode choose "Single Cell". Use the drop-down box to choose the cell you want. Each demuxed cell VOB should be a single song.

No need to decrypt it again; no need to make an ISO first. This assumes that you got the IFOs when decrypting, because you'll be opening the IFO for the VTS where these songs are located.
    THANKS. Searched for this on google and found here. This made me get to do what i wanted
    Quote Quote