VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I recently used TMPGENC DVD author to make some copies of home-video dvds for my mom. The copies worked fine in my dvd player but she says she gets a "disc read error" when she tries to play it in EITHER of her two dvd players. I don't know if this is an issue with her players or my dvd copies. Is there something I can do in my burn or authoring options that will allow copied discs to play in her dvd players so she doesnt have to buy a new player?? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tough to say without knowing the brand of DVD players and the type of DVD media you're using. A simple test would be to burn to a DVD+ if you were using - or the opposite.

I have a relative who refuses to get rid of his 1st gen Sony DVD player. I have yet to find any media that plays on his system.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you used TDA to burn , it can be odd, dunno why.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try burning slower; maybe 4x if possible.

Try different brands of disc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use TDA to author, and then burn with ImgBurn -- seems to make a more 'compatible' disc, in my experience.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey guys

Thanks for all the good responses. I will try DVD+R and a slower burn speed. I just tried to use ImgBurn to burn it as well but it didn't seem to recognize the file type. I have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Within the video ts one there appear to be .VOB files and .BUP files. It seems like ImgBurn is looking for .iso files. Is there a way to get it to recognize these files that I have? If not, can anyone recommend a different writing tool to use since TDA seems to cause trouble? Thanks for all the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by solomon
    It seems like ImgBurn is looking for .iso files. Is there a way to get it to recognize these files that I have?
    Look at the "Mode" menu at the top.
    You must be in "Write" mode.
    Change to "Build". Now you can choose your VIDEO_TS folder. Ignore the "AUDIO_TS, that will be empty.

Also, for burning DVD video, under the "Options" tab on the right side, See "File system". Choose "ISO 9660 + UDF". This will work for data discs too.
    Quote Quote