VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there,

I'm not sure, but I hope this is the right place to post this question...

I would like to stream online video on a TV, without using a tablet/phone or pc etc.

Essentially, I would like to have a chromecast, roku or similar box, directly connected to the TV which streams a live online video stream, from a website on the TV - without needing any other hardware.

Is this possible?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is possible. There are apps (or channels as Roku calls them) for various websites available for these streaming boxes. Kodi is another possibility. Kodi can be used for streaming from various non-subscription websites which don't have an app. http://kodi.wiki/view/internet_video_and_audio_streams.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Isn't that the main point of these devices? If you want to be able to view anything on any website - as you can on a tablet or a PC/Laptop - then you might be better off with something like a Rasbery Pi (although you would need wireless keyboard with touchpad/mouse or some remote with similar capabilities.). Don't forget that with any of these devices you'll need an internet connection as well.
    Quote Quote