VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello videohelp.com folk.

I've been lurking around here whenever I needed assistance with my video editing and the community has always been helpful and nice to everyone.

I decided to join here to ask you kind folk if you could help me with a slight problem which I'm having. I'm new to video editing and I only do basic stuff for my videos since the videos I am working on are gameplay videos I upload to Youtube.

Now what my problem is that my recordings are split into few files and I want to group them all into a single video, which I do simply by adding new clips to the end of the previous ones, however when I do that there appears to be some sort of sound cut where it's kinda obvious that the clips are added one after another and I'd rather fix this.

Thanks in forward , and I'm really happy to be here but unfortunately since I'm a beginner I doubt I would be able to return the favor and help much

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it ?

I downloaded and recorded the problem with OBS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUDM1eu3uI&feature=youtu.be

My video editing program is Vegas Pro 13.

PC Specifications are:

CPU: i5 2500K (Overclocked to 4.5 GHz)

GPU: GTX 980 Ti

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (where Vegas Pro is)

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB (where my videos are)

RAM: 8 GB
    Last edited by bbgun; 22nd May 2017 at 09:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your link doesn't work. Are you talking about small clicks at the joins?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Was the audio of each clip compressed individually? Most audio compression codecs add a little silence at the start because they can't deal well with discontinuities. One way to work around this is to keep the audio uncompressed until the final encoding. Another way is to overlap the segments by a few hundred milliseconds and crossfade between them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nevermind, the problem is solved by simply using this tool:
    http://www.mp4joiner.org/en/
    Quote Quote