VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've looked threw other topics with simularity to my question, but wanted to clarify for myself and maybe for someone else running into the same issue.

I'm running DVDFab 5.2.2.2, DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and Nero 8.

I can rip and then burn a back up with no problems, but when I goto play my back up in my standalone dvd player the movie chapters are played in the wrong order and there are some issues with main menu. When I tried playing it in the dvd player in my computer it worked perfectly.

Any answers would be welcomed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There have been a couple reported instances of DVDFab/DVDFabHDDecrypter scrambling chapters when in Main Movie mode. I think Wall-E was one such. At any rate, it is almost certain to occur only with newest copy protections. (Running FixVTS on the rip may or may not solve the issue, but it wouldn't hurt.)

The solution was to rip in Full Disc mode, then re-author in DVDshrink. Shrink will remap more accurately, it seems, than Fab. And make sure you keep up to date, Fab gets updated frequently. (you're out-of-date). BTW, what specific movie are you having trouble with?

Good luck.

[EDIT] The fact that the movie plays correctly on your computer leaves open the possibility the problem lies elsewhere, but try the above first.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Would this explain why the back up plays normaly on my computer and mixed up on my dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  4. It might, but to find out requires eliminating possibilities one-by-one.

Actually, can you try the disc in another set-top player first? If it plays okay, it's your player, dirty lens or it's kaput. If not, try the above. And before someone else says so, don't burn DVD-Video with Nero, use ImgBurn.

I doubt bad media could cause that problem, at least I've never seen it, bad media usually means freezing/stuttering. Perhaps someone else could say.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote