VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47
    "YouTube offering higher quality video"

Meanwhile, if you happen to know of any excellent looking YT vids (in which the content is also worth watching), and would like to cite them as exemplary exceptions . . . .
    I think this video quality looks awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA&fmt=18
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yahoobuckaroo
    I uploaded a video to YT yesterday, and for the first time the video and audio both look and sound great in high quality mode, with no noticable pumping/compression artifacts in the audio. I wonder if they've changed something recently? I haven't done anything differently. I've always uploaded wmv files for the most part, all made the same way.
    I noticed this today and uploaded a test. Well, they've finally fixed it. What took them so long to get the message as this problem has persisted since March when they started encoding with aac stereo.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/07/new-youtube-aud.html

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/08/youtubes-audio.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. They 'squashed' one of my guitar videos and I noticed it right away. I just checked it and sure enough it's been fixed - thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    "
    Meanwhile, if you happen to know of any excellent looking YT vids (in which the content is also worth watching), and would like to cite them as exemplary exceptions . . . .
    Originally Posted by DereX888
    Boy, is that ever a loaded statement. Therefore I won't point you to mine as you won't think them worth watching.
    An assumption, which could well be wrong. But, in general, the response to such a query that is most likely to have some credibility is to cite example(s) from people you don't know, and where you have no axe to grind.

There's nothing that says you have to upload your video as FLV. In fact they recommend uploading in other formats. You seem to assume they get posted as-is, but everything is reencoded.
    I assume nothing . . . though the "everything re-encoded" is pretty much what I expected to be the case.

However we all aren't the same since we were born - some of us are white, some black, some men, some women, etc etc etc, and each one of "different us" has different taste for food, clothing, and entertainment needs too. Obviously what suits you will not suit someone else. So 'scuse me, I'm not saying you are a fool (since I don't know you at all), but certainly you have just posted one of the most foolish words in this thread.
    Based on What ? Let's say I have downloaded 300 videos from YT -- a very conservative estimate. You would be hard pressed to come up with a more random sampling of videos. A major variety of subject matter. Some of them had great rarity, some had true historic significance. They cover quite a timespan, but a great many are recent. I can't recall even one that was in anything other than FLV format. The best of them were just barely O.K. looking -- nowhere approaching a professionally made movie trailer in FLV format, although that is certainly an unfair comparison, or even standard local news footage -- and most were pretty dreadful. (Even if the content made up for it.)

Based on what I'm hearing, it seems more like limitations of their system than a reflection on how good the original submissions could be.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Seeker47
    Based on what I'm hearing, it seems more like limitations of their system than a reflection on how good the original submissions could be.
    Or maybe it's just your inability to view and download their higher quality videos. Especially since of the 300 videos you've downloaded, not even one was MP4. Your first 2 DereX888 quotations were actually from me. Would you like to view an MP4 video? Here's one in "High Quality" MP4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQBn6Scbp8&fmt=18

You don't get the stereo effects as is possible with the MP4 versions since the source audio is Mono. And you won't get the MP4 videos at all unless you've got the more recent Version 9 of the Flash player installed.

Here's the same video in "High Quality" FLV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQBn6Scbp8&fmt=6

And in "Standard Quality" FLV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQBn6Scbp8

One obvious difference between the standard and high quality versions is the way the translation looks which is pretty nasty in the Standard version. By the way, I can't make that third link start off playing in Standard Quality as I have my YouTube set to always play the "High Quality" version. If, at the lower right of the screen (just below "Views") you see a "Watch In Standard Quality" button, hit that for Standard Quality. If you see no such button, then you're getting it already.

Of my 163 videos, all are available in MP4 and most (150, maybe) are available as "High Quality" FLV, as well as all being available as "Standard Quality" FLV. Higher quality videos only began being made available earlier this year, though. If all your stuff has been on YouTube for longer than about 6 (?) months or so, then they're all standard quality.
    But, in general, the response to such a query that is most likely to have some credibility is to cite example(s) from people you don't know, and where you have no axe to grind.
    I have no interest in other people's videos and therefore can't cite any. Credibility? Axe to grind? You're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about, not I.
    Quote Quote  
  6. this video looks much better in high quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScyG_VUhlr4&fmt=18
    Bringing your photos and memories to life
    www.YourHighlightFilm.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Ive been away from youtube for a few months and noticed that even uploading a low quality FLV with great sound now gets encoded. This old trick has been an option for years and was still going after they blocked the hex hack.

Trouble is I uploaded a very high quality in sound video in FLV wmv avi and the stereo and overall quality is poor with Youtube high quality encoding. Its in stereo but no match even for a FLV under 350 bit rate and done with lame mp3.

Is there any way putting a low in size and bitrate but encoded for sound video and not being spoiled by youtube.

Its a shame this hex hack and user frifox perfecting of the old FLV way got too much attention. I was doing average video quality but great sounding music videos plus doing the padding trick for better video long before with mencoder.

Ive read through the thread but cant find anyway around other than uploading the best file you can and let youtube do the damage with their supposedly high quality service.

Any tips would be appreciated as I've got a whole load more tunes that dont attract the attention like the latest dance tracks do. My whole motivation for youtube was uploading a classic tune or video with better sound than was done by others in a little FLV no more than 15-27 MB. So quick and easy than uploading something of 100-400MB in size, it takes far too long, total waste of bandwidth and time. It takes hours to upload something that size for me and can do nothing else while it uploads, nobody could use the comp for 3 hours while the old way took 5-10 minutes and with better results. A huge step backwards by youtube.

I might send an email to youtube for the small FLV to be allowed.

Thanks and sorry for the moan, all good things come to an end, hope there is an answer without rendering and upoading for hours on end to achieve something worse.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see that the HQ option is gone today. It plays in HQ on it's own according to my video playback settings. Not so with the video featured on my page though.

Apparently that's just me or my area. Everyone I've talked to has it. I don't see the HQ option on any of my videos.
    It's hard for me to find a video that shows it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using Firefox, legendhouse? Because it doesn't work for me on IE but it does on Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="NerdWithNoLife"]Are you using Firefox, legendhouse? Because it doesn't work for me on IE but it does on Firefox.[/quote

I use IE primarily. The link works in Firefox. I checked around town again and some have it in IE and some don't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check this for amazing quality!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ7h-lzVZw&fmt=22
    Quote Quote