VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    I have been using mkmerge for some time to create chapters for mkv files.
    But this is not straightforward process, I have to run the video first, make a note of timecodes of each chapter then add them to XML file and import into mkvmerge, or add each of them in mkvmerge manually.
    I am looking for a video previever with a function that when I pause video, I want to mark those timecodes into chapter file automatically, then export to chapter file.
    Can anyone recommend such software?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It can be done in VideoReDo. Created chapters can be exported to a txt file, three types are available: time code, frame number, and chapter number + time codes. The video can be (re)muxed to mkv including chapters. However, then there is no option to add a chapter name but they appear as chapter 1, chapter 2, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply.
    I added scene marks where I want to have chapters but when I use "Save Chapter File" menu option, it produces blank txt output.
    Am I doing anything wrong?
    [Attachment 51503 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have different skin but looks like the red timeline scrollbar indicates that you cut out whole video. if so, no wonder that the program doesn't save chapter file assuming that size / time of the output video is 0.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    It can be done in VideoReDo. Created chapters can be exported to a txt file, three types are available: time code, frame number, and chapter number + time codes. The video can be (re)muxed to mkv including chapters. However, then there is no option to add a chapter name but they appear as chapter 1, chapter 2, etc.
    You can do that in MKVToolNix - edit chapters
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    You can do that in MKVToolNix - edit chapters
    have you read first post, what tuskacz looks for?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes but I was answering the last part
    " However, then there is no option to add a chapter name but they appear as chapter 1, chapter 2, etc."
    You can change the name from Chapter 1 to whatever you like etc
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote