VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a difference between the Philips DVP642/37 and Philips DVP642/17? I have the DVP642/37. Also, regarding the 7-8-9 OK 0 region-free hack, I don't think it will work. I open up the tray, and as soon as I press 7 on the remote, I get the hand symbol on the screen. I didn't press any further buttons after that, as when the hand symbol comes on, it usually means something won't work. Can someone here please confirm that despite the hand symbol appearing on-screen when the 7 is pressed, this hack will still indeed work? I'd like to buy some region 2 DVDs that are uncut versions. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have the 642/17 and I too got the stop hand sign when pressing this. It worked in my case but I do not know about the 642/37.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply, ROF. I'll try the hack again and see if it works. The fact that you got the hack to work even though the stop hand sign came up is encouraging.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Excellent! I tried the hack again and a small zero appeared on my screen. Now, I have to buy some region 2 DVDs to test the hack. Thanks again, ROF.
    Quote Quote