VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had a look through the forum for advice on this but had no joy. Can anybody advise or direct me to the right information, on how to convert Realvideo to.Mov? FFMPEGX will play the file from the 'open' section but I cant manage to get a conversion. The file is.ram
    Thanks and sorry if I'm reiterating.
    Pretty new to this business.
    Dixer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You must use the mencoder engine, so choose the "DivX" or "XviD" quick preset, which use an AVI container. When encoding is finished, use DivX Doctor II to quickly convert the AVI into a MOV container.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by major
    You must use the mencoder engine, so choose the "DivX" or "XviD" quick preset, which use an AVI container. When encoding is finished, use DivX Doctor II to quickly convert the AVI into a MOV container.
    Worked great, thanks a million.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Major,
    I can't seem to get mine to work. Are we talking about .rm files here?? Mine goes straight to FAILED. Ther Process Information says "Requested video codec family [rv30win] (vfm-realvid) not available (enable it at compilation)
    Cannot find codec matching selection -vo and video format 0x30335652."
    Where can I get the codec family and how do I install it. By the way, I'm using ffmpegX v0.09a on G3 OS X 10.2.8

Thanks a ton.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Perhaps it is an old version of Real, not supported by the reallib codecs - mostly intended for RV8, RV9, RV10.
    Quote Quote  
  6. major, excellent work on ffmpegx, I can't get over how good this program is!

I'm trying to convert a RealVideo file to AVI... i'm using the DivX mencoder quick preset... it works OK for the video but the audio is corrupt in the resulting file. Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,
    Nick
    Quote Quote  
  7. Nickday, I have had the same problems with converting realmedia files. Workaround: use Audio HiJack to record the audio as aiff, then use QT to export to wav and finally use ffmpegX to convert into whatever format you need (mp3?). Then join the audio to the video with QuickTime Pro and fix synchronisation issues.

Major, am I write in assuming that ffmpegX cannot handle AIFF files?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by major
    Perhaps it is an old version of Real, not supported by the reallib codecs - mostly intended for RV8, RV9, RV10.
    i'm having problems converting files that use the following codec:

Selected video codec: [rv30mac] vfm:realvid (Mac OS X RealPlayer 9 RV30 decoder)

does this mean i can't convert these files?....i can view them just fine with mplayer...
    Quote Quote