VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Basically what my plan was to do was to get 5 or so camera men to be filming at different locations within say a 5 mile radius and stream that to the internet so people from the hole world could watch the event.
    It is to be a mountain biking even so ideally the cameras could send some sort of a signal to send live footage to my computer and it could then be arranged and streamed with say a 10-20 second delay to the internet. The 10-20 second delay would give me time to have the video files arranged.

Is this idea crazy or would it be possible to do?
    We have a budget of about 700 witch is to pay for receivers, transmitters and cables. We already have all cameras and computers.

Let me know if you could help me out on this

Thanks
    Jack
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is this a one time event? You could use a 'live streaming service' but it is costly. You say you need 10-20 seconds to arrange your videos. I would question that. It takes me many more seconds to arrange my videos.
    And you still have to find a way to get the videos uploaded to the streaming service in the field. That, my friend, will be the hardest part. Haven't you ever seen those news broadcast vehicles at events? With all those antennas on the vehicle roof? They stream to a satellite when in areas of no reception. So.. off hand I would say you need BIG bucks to do what you want. $700 doesn't even come close.
    Last edited by TreeTops; 19th Apr 2012 at 17:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yep it's times, 30 seconds between each rider. There are big company's that do it at the world cups but I just thought it would be a good idea to do it at the national championships. The way I was thinking of getting it on the internet was mobile internet, very cheap only 2$ for a day and upload it to USTREAM witch is a live streaming website for free. I was watching some videos on USTREAM and many of the videos from events seem to have two or so cameras switching between the two.
    Quote Quote  
  4. SD broadcasts are very doable with 3G USB adapters, although 4G would be better if coverage is available. Keep the bandwidth between 384-512k and use h.264 compression. Most of the live streaming services allow you to use Flash Media Encoder to control bandwidth and monitor frame drops.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your ustream method sounds pretty good. Try it with one camera first and report your results back here. Or give us the ustream link when you are ready. Sounds like lots of fun. Wish you the best.

Edit: I just went to Ustream and it looks like you will need to plug your camera(s) directly into your computer for direct upload to Ustream. Couldn't find where they will take videos that you have created but I may be wrong. Maybe someone here, that uses ustream, can correct me.
    Last edited by TreeTops; 19th Apr 2012 at 20:56. Reason: Checked out Ustream
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah, I could just have my laptop on in my backpack with a cable running from the camera into the laptop but I dont think I would end up with a very good result, too much waiting around ect if I only had 1 camera and no time for quick editing/file arrangement. I know it can be done but might be very expensive for the equipment.
    Quote Quote