VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all
    bought a toshiba dr1 from richer sounds, no real problems except for a couple of things
    1. when viewing the channel tuned into the dr1 and also on recordings from this channel (digital tv) there is what looks like as a very faint ghost image behind it, which looks like another tv channel, also the image itself seems to change colours slightly from normal to faint blue to faint green etc anyone have any ideas?
    2. after recording and finalising the dvds will not play in my alchemy home cinema system only on the dr1 itself ( i have a feeling i am just being unlucky on this one though)
    any help much appreciated
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. What brand of media are you using? You might try something else. Not all players play DVD-R discs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi mate
    i am using datawrite yellow tops, the dvds do write but wont play on my alchemy, they do play on my portable dvd player and also on my pc,
    thanks for the reply though
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had nightmares with the toshiba D-R1. In terms of media compatibility, it was the pickiest thing I've experienced. To make matters worse, it doesn't spit out the disc right away if it doesn't like it. It teases you by allowing you to record 50-75 minutes in, before it stops and says your brand new disc "needs cleaning."

The only dependable brand was Fuji dvd-rw. I never found a dependable dvd-r. The only dependable dvd-r happened to be cheap prodisc I bought off ebay. The problem with these was that after you burn them, if you try to rip it on your PC or something, it says PX-ENGINE ERROR.

Anyway, that thing is long gone, and I now own a Pioneer 210. It's like night and day. Who's knows, maybe I just had a bad D-R1.
    Quote Quote