VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got this mov quicktime file Play_me.mov www.duomi.sg/Download/Play_me.mov I cant open it or edit it in premiere or any other editing software, i thought that file might spoiled. but lately i found tat VLC can open it.

If anyone also encounter this problem, pls let me know, tell me how do i edit it.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use Mpeg streamclip and export to a format that might work better in premiere like dv, etc.

ANd please use a better subject. I changed it this time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It cant work! even in MPEG streaming also shows white screen, after export out, its just another format of white.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's HDV wrapped in MOV . The fourcc is hdv3, you can check with mediainfo. You can re-wrap in MPEG-PS with ffmpeg, it seems to work even though there are some error messages. Programs like avidemux seem to handle it properly, but others seem to crash with the re-wrapped file

ffmpeg -i input.mov -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mpg

Or you can re-wrap into transport stream with tsmuxer, but it has problems with the audio. So you would save the audio separately (eg. demux using yamb) and import audio & video separately into your editor

One way that works is using avisynth to frameserve, ffmpegsource2.

ffmpegsource2("video.mov",atrack=-1)

You can then edit the .avs directly with avisynth, or try the PremiereAVS input plugin for Premiere Pro, try makeavis, avs2avi or vfapi for Vegas, or what will work for sure is using a lossless intermediate to import to your editor
    Quote Quote  
  5. Double post sorry
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats very gd help informations, Thanks alot man.. i will try it
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried the softwares that you recommend to me still i don;t know how do i make it editable in adobe premiere. i tried to export it to another format, but it gives me a csv file? what the hell is that??
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have no idea what steps you took. The most compatible way that should work 100% of the time, would be to use a lossless intermediate (e.g. lagarith, huffyuv) by encoding with the avisynth script above. It works in all programs once you have the intermediate
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe im just too stupid...
    Hate myself~
    Quote Quote  
  10. 1) Install avisynth, lagarith

2) Download ffmpegsource2 , unzip the contents into the avisynth/plugins folder. Read the included documentation if you are still confused

http://ivtc.org/new/beta/FFmpegSource-2.00b9.rar

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127037

3) Open a text file in notepad in the same directory as your video, write the following, change the filename to match your file. Change the .txt extension to .avs, the name of the .avs doesn't matter

ffmpegsource2("video.mov",atrack=-1)

4) Open that .avs file in virtualdub, video=>fast recompress, video=>compression (select lagarith), file=>save as avi. Make sure you have a lot of HD space free for the lossless intermediate

5) Open that lagarith .avi in any editor

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Poisondeathray, I really appreciate for your help, I think you try very hard to explain to me. I am sorry that i really cant do that. Maybe its the ffmpeg source2 and virtualdub its really something new to me. I have no idea how to use them.
    (By the way, Im using Window Xp, is it ok for ffmpegsource2 and virtualdub? should be nothing to do with the OS right?.. )

I really appreciate everything you do. but is there any other way? or is it possible to screenshot for me how you do it?

please
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any other way to convert it?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I don't know of any other way, and I tried out a few. It's a very non common format

Just follow the steps exactly and it's pretty easy once you get going

What step are you stuck on? Were you able to do steps 1-3?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was stuck at step 2. I will screenshot when i do it tonight, and show you.
    Thanks for coming back to me, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by qisheng
    I was stuck at step 2. I will screenshot when i do it tonight, and show you.
    Thanks for coming back to me, thanks.
    There is actually a newer version , beta10
    http://ivtc.org/new/FFmpegSource-2.00b10.rar

Use winrar or 7-zip to unpackage the contents from the .rar file and place them in the C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins directory
    Quote Quote  
  16. mediacoder will accept hdv3 as source and encode to whatever you want.
    Quote Quote  
  17. yes you might find that easier, either mediacoder or super. I didn't test those earlier and they both seem to work
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried mediacoder, it works, but the problem is the size, it convert to to a 40:1 kind of ratio. in the end i get a video about 1.5MB only. I try to adjust the settings also, but seems dun work.
    Quote Quote  
  19. here's your sample done with mediacoder in h264 mp4. it works ok here.

play_me.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just want to say something here, It is a really good forum that help people around. Good Works people. Thanks for all the Helps above..
    Quote Quote