VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PANA LINK is a program used to fax and scan with the Panasonic KX-FM260 multifunction fax/copier/scanner. Documents scanned using the program are saved as tiff files which are viewable and printable using the PANA LINK program in Windows 10 64 bit. However, the tiff files do not appear in File Explorer and are not seen when trying to attach to email using Hotmail.

Luckily I dual boot Windows XP, and the tiff files created with PANA LINK in Windows XP do appear in Windows Explorer and can be seen to attach to email. Once the email is sent the attached tiff file can be seen in Windows 10 File Explorer. However, the tiff file created by PANA LINK when booted to Windows 10 is still not seen by Windows Explorer in Windows XP/ This seems to indicate there's something different about how the files are created in Windows 10, or perhaps it's the 64 bit environment in Windows 10 versus the 32 bit environment of Windows XP. Does anybody know the cause of or have a solution to the problem?

If I'd not still had Windows XP running, it would not have been possible to attach the tiff file to email, and I'd never have been able to see or send as email attachment in Windows 10. The only possible solution I can think of is to use some kind of file converter to convert the PANA LINK created tiff file to another format if there is a file converter that can see such files in Windows 10 to convert. Without a solution to this problem the ability to send PANA LINK created tiff files as email attachments will be lost once running Windows XP is no longer possible. Does anyone have any suggestions for a file converter solution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tiff files finally found in the C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files(x86)\PANA LINK folder instead of the C:\Program Files(x86)\PANA LINK folder where PANA LINK was supposed to have saved them. Lastly I ran PANA LINK again choosing the C:\Users\MyUsername\Documents folder to save the tiff files, and all files appear as expected in that folder plus PANA LINK now uses that folder as the default save location for scanned document files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe it's a hidden file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It isn't a hidden file. It was simply located in the C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files(x86)\PANA LINK folder. Choosing the C:\Users\MyUsername\Documents folder as default save location solved the problem, and all is well.
    Quote Quote