VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I am trying to rip a video from youtube so i can convert it and put it onto my PSP and its not working Ive tried downloadhelper in my firefox browser (latest version) orbit downloader (just updated it) and various online video saving sites like keepvid and all have failed heres the url to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VouSOhwHXUw

id like to build a library of these on my pc so i can watch them on my PSP and the above mentioned site captureyoutube i think has failed b/c its just sitting there and hasn't shown me that its doing anything. im not sure what video streaming method they are using for this content I thought it might be RTMP so I fired up IE and tried my integrated grab pro by orbit downloader and all that found was the ad that plays b4 the show and it didnt get anything else but the ad. does anyone know how to save these videos? if worse comes to worse ill just get them someplace else im sure they can be found elsewhere. I hope im posting in the right place and if im not i apologize and please just let me know. this is the closest thing i could find to what I need so any help is appreciated and thanks very very much for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coondog1234
    Hi I am trying to rip a video from youtube so i can convert it and put it onto my PSP and its not working Ive tried downloadhelper in my firefox browser (latest version) orbit downloader (just updated it) and various online video saving sites like keepvid and all have failed heres the url to the video.

id like to build a library of these on my pc so i can watch them on my PSP and the above mentioned site captureyoutube i think has failed b/c its just sitting there and hasn't shown me that its doing anything. im not sure what video streaming method they are using for this content I thought it might be RTMP so I fired up IE and tried my integrated grab pro by orbit downloader and all that found was the ad that plays b4 the show and it didnt get anything else but the ad. does anyone know how to save these videos? if worse comes to worse ill just get them someplace else im sure they can be found elsewhere. I hope im posting in the right place and if im not i apologize and please just let me know. this is the closest thing i could find to what I need so any help is appreciated and thanks very very much for your time.
    You see only advertising if you're "out of the marketing area the video owners targeted it for" (in some cases probably you may see nothing, not even adverting).
    Solution is using proxy. I may be wrong, but "downloaders" probably won't work with proxy IMHO, but that's not a problem either.
    Once you viewed it in the browser simply copy it from your browser's cache (see my "guide" in prev. post)

Without proxy (trying to watch it directly from other country than it is allowed):

(yes, it is the very same browser and very same your youtube video link in both pictures)

With proxy:

See the difference proxy makes?
    For example GO HERE and pick one that works for you best, that's all.

HTH
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DereX888

You see only advertising if you're "out of the marketing area" (or in some cases probably not even adverting).
    Solution is using proxy (for which "downloaders" probably won't work IMHO).
    Once you viewed it simply copy it from your browser's cache.

Without proxy (trying to watch it directly from other country than it is allowed):

(yes, it is the very same browser and very same your youtube video link in both pictures)

With proxy:

HTH

I can watch it but I cant save it to my PC for later viewing/converting for psp ive even tried URLsnooper to find the links but to no avail im in the US and the video will work for me but i just cannot save it everything ive tried has failed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM

You see only advertising if you're "out of the marketing area" (or in some cases probably not even adverting).

With proxy:

HTH

I can watch it but I cant save it to my PC for later viewing/converting for psp ive even tried URLsnooper to find the links but to no avail im in the US and the video will work for me but i just cannot save it everything ive tried has failed.

If you can view it it means you must have it downloaded to your hard drive.
    Again: forget downloaders and just copy it from browser's cache.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM

With proxy:

HTH

If you can view it it means you must have it downloaded to your hard drive.
    Again: forget downloaders and just copy it from browser's cache.
    I dont think it downloads i think it only streams but i dunno ill clear my cache and start one playing and ill just leave it and after its done ill chk the cache, but if it doesnt theres other places i can get that content.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I dont think it downloads i think it only streams but i dunno ill clear my cache and start one playing and ill just leave it and after its done ill chk the cache, but if it doesnt theres other places i can get that content.
    I think this particular one from your link is a few-parts video, not a single one.
    Usually every time I see those "chapter" markers on youtube videos, the video is not a single file/stream but few (each new one starts at new "chapter"). Kind of like playlist playback.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think this particular one from your link is a few-parts video, not a single one.
    Usually every time I see those "chapter" markers on youtube videos, the video is not a single file/stream but few (each new one starts at new "chapter"). Kind of like playlist playback.
    ahh i figured that, I thought those were just commercial breaks, but in hulu all the full episode files are one it just pauses what your watching and then plays the ad then resumes playing of what you were watching. so i guess im SOL unless i can find a free program that can capture these streams. and BTW i think youtube uses some super secret streaming technique b/c when i was playing that episode the data light on my DSL modem was flashing but when I paused it it stopped flashing. so it is RTMP but some super secret version of it that my grab pro cant handle and all it got was the ad but the ad is progressive download the episode isnt.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ahh i figured that, I thought those were just commercial breaks, but in hulu all the full episode files are one it just pauses what your watching and then plays the ad then resumes playing of what you were watching. so i guess im SOL unless i can find a free program that can capture these streams. and BTW i think youtube uses some super secret streaming technique b/c when i was playing that episode the data light on my DSL modem was flashing but when I paused it it stopped flashing. so it is RTMP but some super secret version of it that my grab pro cant handle and all it got was the ad but the ad is progressive download the episode isnt.
    LOL
    Cat and mouse play all over again. They updated RTMP - coders of "downloaders" will figure it out - they will update it again - and so on...
    If you can't wait for new "downloader" able to to beat this new version, or all else fails, you can always use i.e. Total recorder, SnagIt (or anything like those). Any program that does record the screen, meaning it does not save the incoming streams to hdd as they are, but instead it actually records their screen output like analog VCRs captured TV broadcast.
    T.R. captures the part/portion of the screen you want it to capture, including audio - just don't forget to set it up correctly at first.
    There is NO WAY something/anything could not be captured this old fashioned "analog way" (although its not analog of course).
    This "method" *never* fails
    Quote Quote  
  9. They're streaming that video from cbs.com and using RTMPE. No downloader can get those anymore for legal reasons.
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by k.
    They're streaming that video from cbs.com and using RTMPE. No downloader can get those anymore for legal reasons.
    then there has to be a way to record the data packets sent over the network regardless of what format its in or the protocol unless the media server and the adobe flash player encrypts the data thats being sent between the media server and the flash player. my URLSnooper shows the packets as numbers like this many packets received but doesnt show what they are is there a program like winpcap that will capture the data packets that are streamed over the network and save them as a file like if your streaming a video it writes the packets as a video file say FLV or whatever?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by k.
    They're streaming that video from cbs.com and using RTMPE. No downloader can get those anymore for legal reasons.
    then there has to be a way to record the data packets sent over the network regardless of what format its in or the protocol unless the media server and the adobe flash player encrypts the data thats being sent between the media server and the flash player. my URLSnooper shows the packets as numbers like this many packets received but doesnt show what they are is there a program like winpcap that will capture the data packets that are streamed over the network and save them as a file like if your streaming a video it writes the packets as a video file say FLV or whatever?
    Another way is by possibly hacking the flash player to dump whatever it streams to a file instead of discarding it while playing but sites will probably not stream to a hacked flash player.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Internet Download Manager downloads vids from youtube with just a right click FLVSplitter.ax and MP4Splitter.ax are the filters needed for software conversion with a prog like Ultra MPEG-4 Converter you can get the filtters from mplayerc home page
    Quote Quote