VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok this might be an odd question but how can you find your very first post?

I joined in 2004.

I"ve been searching the forum using yoda313 first time post, yoda313 lurker and terms like that to try to narrow it down.

I have also done yoda313 jun 2004 but didn't find it.

Is there a better way to go about it? I have no idea what my first post was and I'm curious just for being curious.

Would there be a better search term to use?

Also I suppose there might be a way to get all my posts in june of 2004 but I'm not sure how to search that way. Also I don't know how many posts I made that first month.

Suggestions?

This is just a trip down memory lane. Nothing else.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I joined in 2001, but alot of my early posts are gone (don't know how or why). Had 6k+ post count in 2007-8. Still have a 6k+ post count, even though I'm usually posting here daily, go figure (certainly doesn't work out mathwise)...

Good luck,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cornucopia
    but alot of my early posts are gone (don't know how or why).
    I think there is a separate archive section here. Don't know where or how to look it up though. Maybe Baldrick can show us how.

Originally Posted by cornucopia
    Had 6k+ post count in 2007-8. Still have a 6k+ post count, even though I'm usually posting here daily, go figure (certainly doesn't work out mathwise)...
    You haven't changed your username right? Hmm...

Didn't they stop counting off topic posts? However I don't think you've ever been too much of an ot poster.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They aren't gone ( post from 2001 https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/419-cropping-after-encoding ).

But you can't search for older posts. I will see if I can find a solution so you can search for all by posts by username at least.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by baldrick
    I will see if I can find a solution so you can search for all by posts by username at least.
    Wow thanks! Its not urgent of course. But it might be beneficial for those who want to follow a user by name. Like all posts by eddv or lordsmurf for example.

Originally Posted by baldrick
    But you can't search for older posts.
    I was able to go back to at least 2005. I may have seen some 2004 posts but I'm not sure.

Again this is not urgent or critical. But if you have some spare time and want to flex your forum muscles go right ahead

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lol, i can't even remember the usernames i had back then...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Holy Crap!

Thanks Baldrick!

You never cease to amaze!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    Holy Crap!

Thanks Baldrick!
    How odd. I thought your first post was "How do I make chapters on my VCD?"

I'm just teasing you, yoda313. You're a good guy. But back in 2004 we likely would have had VCD posts. Those were the days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    Holy Crap!

Thanks Baldrick!
    How odd. I thought your first post was "How do I make chapters on my VCD?"

I'm just teasing you, yoda313. You're a good guy. But back in 2004 we likely would have had VCD posts. Those were the days.
    svcd with menus and 5.1 surround sound...
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Funny thing, I remember that post. I had original came to this forum because of all the problems I had with Ulead products. Ulead software used to be bundle with ATI capture cards. I was rather amazed some one was recommending a product of thiers.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post

svcd with menus and 5.1 surround sound...
    LOL! You TOTALLY nailed it, aedipuss! I had forgotten about all those people looking to put 5.1 audio on SVCD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    But back in 2004 we likely would have had VCD posts. Those were the days.
    Actually I was surprised myself that I was already working with dvds then. In the post I was using my pvr 250 (which I no longer have).

Although I do still have my first original dvd burner - one of those seudo no-name brands.

Originally Posted by dragonkeeper
    Funny thing, I remember that post. I had original came to this forum because of all the problems I had with Ulead products. Ulead software used to be bundle with ATI capture cards. I was rather amazed some one was recommending a product of thiers.
    Really?

Well those were the days before I was fully aware of the breadth and quality of freeware/shareware titles. I also don't think I was using Pinnacle yet - I have a pinnacle package but I haven't used any real editors in a long time. Usually I just author basic dvds and don't fool with effects or tweaking the actual video.

Originally Posted by jman98
    I'm just teasing you, yoda313. You're a good guy
    No prob and thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I will see if I can find a solution so you can search for all by posts by username at least.
    Was this your addition then?

[img]
    search.JPG[/img]

Thanks!

I saw there was some similar terminology in the advanced search options. This should be a useful tool for those looking for a specific members specialty. Thanks again.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	search.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	12484  

Quote Quote  
  14. What about my first post? I joined in 2002 but doing an advanced search only retrieves results back to 2008.

UPDATE: I tried "View My:All My Started threads" instead of "View My:All my posts as posts" and it works, this was my 1st one, very successful as no one replied
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/68900-PROBLEM-CAPTURING-PAL-VIDEO-HELP-NEEDED!
    Last edited by alegator; 28th Jun 2012 at 04:16.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I actually made, and played, an SVCD with 5.1 audio. Hypercube and a Philips player/amp.

TSCV could make pretty good menus, buggy as hell though.

AH, the good old days.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Baldrick,
    Please make sure one can find all posts for a particular username. I have posted a lot of recipes for doing various things, and with my bad memory, I can never remember the crucial details, unless I search my own posts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Baldrick,
    Please make sure one can find all posts for a particular username. I have posted a lot of recipes for doing various things, and with my bad memory, I can never remember the crucial details, unless I search my own posts.
    Just an fyi but why don,t you start using bookmarks going forward?

Make a folder for video and save your posts there. All done.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can now find all your posts when you browse/search by users.

Click on the https://forum.videohelp.com/search.php?search_type=1&contenttypeid=1&forumchoice[]= and type your username or click on the under a user post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    I actually made, and played, an SVCD with 5.1 audio. Hypercube and a Philips player/amp.

TSCV could make pretty good menus, buggy as hell though.

AH, the good old days.
    hehe, and all this time i thought i was the only one crazy enough to go through all the steps with pub_enc and besweet to create 5.1 mpeg audio. then i-author - cdmage to create the svcds.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to Baldrick - 1140 posts since D-Day 2002! First post was for a VCR

Baldrick is the man!
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  21. Both methods stop at page 25, 999 posts. 2008 or 2009, the two methods seem to be giving slightly different results.

Neither go to 2001.

Really just curious more than anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I found another way to get to your first post as long as you didn't remove any subscriptions,go to settings/subscriptions click on it and go to the bottom and click on last.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  23. This is awesome. I just read my first post back from 2001. It concerned (then) using quicktime (getting the sound) and some early version of TMPG. Thanks Baldrick. I enjoy taking trips to the past on occasion
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ha, most of my first posts are about VCDs -- which is fitting because this place was originally known as VCDHelp.com -- topics like which set top NTSC DVD players will play PAL SVCDs and the like. However, I'm still patiently waiting for an answer to the question I asked in the first thread I ever started.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    Both methods stop at page 25, 999 posts. 2008 or 2009, the two methods seem to be giving slightly different results.

Neither go to 2001.

Really just curious more than anything else.
    The search return limit is 1000 posts. Higher values slows down the server too much. But you can order by date(last posting date and in ascending order) https://forum.videohelp.com/search.php?search_type=1&contenttypeid=1&forumchoice[]=

edit: increased to 2000 posts.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 30th Mar 2013 at 03:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I still can't quite get to my first post (I'll probably figure it out later, something about flash to mpg), but I did find some posts about ten years ago. I was sometimes *quite* the *******. The good news is that there were times when being an ******* was completely warranted
    Quote Quote