VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Since for DVD authoring and video related tasks you will need a lot of space I thought that this is worth of posting here.

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus (2MB buffer) ATA133 120GB (100+20Extra) at CompUSA
    $149.99 - $10 Instant Savings - $40 Mfr. MIR = $99.99
    Between 2/15/03 and 2/22/03

BTW: Sticker on box is 100GB and then there is small on "Bonus 20GB! 120GB total capacity inside!". I think it's preaty stupid since inside the box is 120GB drive. I called Maxtor and they confirmed it.

---ADDED---
    I just opened box. It is DiamondMax Plus 9 120GB ATA/133 HDD (Mfg.Date:09JAN2003) Model.No: 6Y120L0
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe Best Buy also had this offer for a short time too. I had purchased a 120 Maxtor hd at regular price, went back and saw their (Best Buy's) ad. They told me to bring back the 120 hd that I'd bought and that they'd give me the new one. Of course, I had already loaded all my files and figured it wasn't worth 40 or 50 dollars to go through the whole thing again. Transferring files from an old Maxtor 20 Gig was very difficult with the software they provide. It didn't seem to work too well with XP . So I had to purchase "Copy Commander", from Office Depot. This program worked perfectly .
    -Lineber
    Quote Quote  
  3. I believe Best Buy also had this offer for a short time too. I had purchased a 120 Maxtor hd at regular price, went back and saw their (Best Buy's) ad. They told me to bring back the 120 hd that I'd bought and that they'd give me the new one. Of course, I had already loaded all my files and figured it wasn't worth 40 or 50 dollars to go through the whole thing again. Transferring files from an old Maxtor 20 Gig was very difficult with the software they provide. It didn't seem to work too well with XP . So I had to purchase "Copy Commander", from Office Depot. This program worked perfectly
    That's crazy, I think it was VERY MUCH worth the $40-$50 bucks. And I would of gotten that rebate in a heart beat. I'm surprised you found it diffuclt to transfer info to the new hard drive, because with the "Max Blast" software that comes with it, it makes it a sinch to partition and format, as well as copy files from one HD to another. Oh well, I still have my Maxtor 40 GB HD, and with all of the stress I have put this thing through, for it to continue to peform at an optimal level each and every day, well, I gotta say that Maxtor is the Best. At least to me they are.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by defense
    That's crazy, I think it was VERY MUCH worth the $40-$50 bucks. And I would of gotten that rebate in a heart beat. I'm surprised you found it diffuclt to transfer info to the new hard drive, because with the "Max Blast" software that comes with it, it makes it a sinch to partition and format, as well as copy files from one HD to another.
    I found it very difficult to use the MaxBlaster II software. The software was easy to understand but it wouldn't do what it was suppose to do for me. For instance, I would start copying all the files on the new partition and it would give me an error message. For some reason it wouldn't copy all the sytem files. It sounds like you didn't have any problems using it with XP, but I did. Plus, I believe that the drive I have in my computer for nearly 40 dollars more has more internal RAM (8 MB).

-Jerry
    -Lineber
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've looked on their web site and haven't been able to find it.. if someone could post a link it would be much appreciated... thanks
    You win some, and you lose some, and some get rained out...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never see the really good sales on the Internet; I always check the BestBuy and CompUSA weekly ads in the Sunday paper. This is where you will find all the good deals.

-Jerry
    -Lineber
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ryanreko
    I've looked on their web site and haven't been able to find it.. if someone could post a link it would be much appreciated... thanks
    I found it in store. Not on the web.
    Quote Quote