VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there folks, I have an issue that has dumbfounded me. I have a mobile app on iOS that we stream video to from a database. I have lots of video clips uploaded that work fine but recently I have had some files that freeze on the iPhone app. Now all the files work fine on my MBP. They are all edited with FCPX then converted into HLS files with Apple compressor, then uploaded to the database. All files are H 264 with ACC audio. Some files work and now some of them don't. The ones that don't, freeze but the audio works pefectly. I've used Mediainfo app to see if I can figure out what the difference is between the ones that work and the ones that don't but I can see any difference. Ive uploaded 2 screenshots from Mediainfo of the two video files. The first one is a 'good' file and the second one is a 'bad' freezing file. I'm totally flummoxed with this one, so any help would be hugely appreciated. Can I just say, it's not an issue with the App, we have confirmed this by sending the video files with issues direct via email to my mobile phone and the 'bad' files still freeze.Image
    [Attachment 63514 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 63515 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EykonTroll View Post
    Hi there folks, I have an issue that has dumbfounded me. I have a mobile app on iOS that we stream video to from a database. I have lots of video clips uploaded that work fine but recently I have had some files that freeze on the iPhone app. Now all the files work fine on my MBP. They are all edited with FCPX then converted into HLS files with Apple compressor, then uploaded to the database. All files are H 264 with ACC audio. Some files work and now some of them don't. The ones that don't, freeze but the audio works pefectly. I've used Mediainfo app to see if I can figure out what the difference is between the ones that work and the ones that don't but I can see any difference. Ive uploaded 2 screenshots from Mediainfo of the two video files. The first one is a 'good' file and the second one is a 'bad' freezing file. I'm totally flummoxed with this one, so any help would be hugely appreciated. Can I just say, it's not an issue with the App, we have confirmed this by sending the video files with issues direct via email to my mobile phone and the 'bad' files still freeze.Image
    [Attachment 63514 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 63515 - Click to enlarge]
    have you tried reinstalling the mobile app that you use to stream the video ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, we have confirmed that the issue definitely does sit with the App. We have emailed the mp4 video files that are effected, directly to our phones and tried playing direct in the iOS and we have the same issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The only difference I see is the framerate.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try to IVTC the second and convert so to 23.976fps
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you ProWo, I will give it a try. What Mac App is best for that? Can I do this in compressor?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Also, thank you hech54. I will be doing some experimentation with different settings this weekend and will try all advise and comments. Thank you.
    Quote Quote