VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok, ive posted here before, just posted in screen capturing but no one replied.. perhaps better suited here as its a problem with premiere

i screen record in ut or lagarith, all variations of ut (bt.601, bt.709 etc etc) and everytime it loads to premiere it either won't load the entire file, will play back at double the speed or won't play back and crash the application. im using premiere 7.

i just want to be able to screen record losslessly, then load it into premiere, edit the videos, and then output smaller versions of those videos.

what is going on here,.. how can i load lagarith to premiere...

any assistance here appreciated, cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has it "ever" worked?
    Quote Quote  
  3. What is your resolution and framerate? And you're using Premiere Elements, not Premiere Pro, correct? 7 is 6 versions old at this point.
    Quote Quote  
  4. pro cc 7.x.x
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think back then there was no HD. My first NLE was Elements. I dumped it in a few days.

Resolution = Height X Width in pixels. Example: 740 X 480.
    Quote Quote  
  6. premiere pro cc 7 is new, not old
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    64 bit vs. 32 bit conflict?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. what you mean ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If your PPCC7 is 64bit, but your Windows installed LL codec for that file is 32bit, there is a strong likelihood of there being a problem with the app calling the codec and of the codec passing the data to the app, because they usually don't talk both "languages" simultaneously. Supposed to use all 64 or all 32. Double install if you have to, to achieve this.

Of course, this may not be the main cause of your problems, but is something to consider and check to rule out, because it can and often IS a factor in these kinds of situations.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. my system is 64

so what, the codecs can be 32 and 64 bit ?
    Last edited by krohm; 23rd Apr 2014 at 00:33.
    Quote Quote  
  11. am i misunderstanding here ?

so what should i do to go about trying to get these massive files into premiere... they playback fine in mpc..

just wont load in premiere as it gives the above error messages,..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Can you upload a short sample for us to try-- we still don't know the details of your files. Everything else you are describing about your configuration indicates it should work.

Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    just wont load in premiere as it gives the above error messages,..
    As of this time, you haven't posted any error messages...
    Last edited by smrpix; 23rd Apr 2014 at 09:58.
    Quote Quote  
  13. 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit programs but they run in a separate emulated 32 bit environment. 32 bit programs can't see 64 bit filters, and 64 bit programs can't see 32 bit filters. It's almost like having two different computers. So if you have a 32 bit editor you need 32 bit codecs. If you have a 64 bit editor you need 64 bit codecs.

Then you have the issue of Video For Windows (VFW) and DirectShow (DS) based programs. VFW programs need VFW codecs. DS programs need DS codecs.

Finally you have XP Mode running on Win7 systems. That's a complete VM with it's own VFW and DS codecs. It can't see native Win7 codecs. And vice versa.
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:10.
    Quote Quote  
  14. They both work in Adobe CC. It's 64bit only (there are no longer 32bit versions). Maybe something wrong with your install. Lagarith is 32bit, but UT has both 32/64bit component installs

Perhaps something corrupted with your files ? Can you open them in vdub, seek all over, to the end ? Try re-encoding them in vdub then re-import (maybe something wrong with your screen recorder recording to AVI container)

Try clearing the Adobe cache (Edit=>preferences=>media=>clean) , then re-import
    Quote Quote  
  15. ok i dloaded the newer version of ut, id been using lagarith mostly, but also had tested ut before posting, and if when loading in a 2gb ut video it worked and exported ok, but when doing a 20gb or more the file within premiere was running at a greater speed than usual playback/recording speed
    Quote Quote  
  16. well, i ended up using a compressed format using a new app mirilis action. it'll do
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!