VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the sites where I need a password ( hotmail, gmail, videohelp,... ) I must reenter the password even I tick the square ( in Videohelp " Remember me " ), each time I go out those sites. What is this? How can I solve the problem ( No need to do log in all the times )? Is this any virus?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you disabled cookies?

Are you running in private browsing mode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Baldrick.

I deleted the cookies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No cookie, no persistent login.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Remember me will only remember your username and not the password. Not sure what browser you use but on Firefox whenever a password is entered it pops up and asks if you want it to remember the password too. Not a good idea though. If your computer remembers the passwords and you don't how will you get into anything if you get a new computer?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I always set firefox to delete cookies upon exit, and use the BetterPrivacy plugin to get rid of flash lso cookies (very handy ... they can be a pig to remove otherwise).

I never set the "remember me" flag on anything. If you tell ff to remember passwords it'll pop up on every site I use except hotmail.

For getting firefox passwords onto a new computer or new install I use the Password Exporter plugin.
    Quote Quote