VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to create a test mp4 with it using external encoders. Video encoder is set to x264 - HQ, audio encoder is set to qaac, multiplexer is set to MP4Box. For x264 - HQ, I'm using x264_64.exe (location set correctly), the command arguments are,

--crf 19 --preset medium --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --tune film --min-keyint 1 --bluray-compat --b-pyramid none --demuxer raw --input-csp i420 --input-res %(width)x%(height) --fps %(fpsnum)/%(fpsden) -o "%(tempvideofile)" -

and the output filename is,

%(outputname).264

For qaac, the command arguments are,

-q 0.80 -ignorelength -if - -of "%(tempaudiofile)"

I'm not sure about the output filename. Maybe that's what giving me the oroblem. Right now, it's,

%(outputname).m4a

I had tried %(outputname).audio but that gave me a problem as well. The problem is that every time I try to export the mp4, I'm given the error message,

The audio encoding process has prematurely exited with an error code of 1 (00000001). Check the log for possible error messages.

[*] Beginning dub operation.

[i] Dub: Input (decompression) format is: YUV420P16.

[i] Dub: Output (compression) format is: RGBA32.
    [*] Ending operation.
    [*] Beginning dub operation.

[i] Dub: Input (decompression) format is: YUV420P16.

[i] Dub: Output (compression) format is: YUV420.

[i] Dub: Command line encoding started with format: YUV420.

[i] video encoder: "C:\Users\Bruce\Desktop\x264_64.exe" --crf 19 --preset
    medium --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --tune film --min-keyint 1 --bluray-compat
    --b-pyramid none --demuxer raw --input-csp i420 --input-res 1920x800 --fps
    24000/1001 -o "C:\Users\Bruce\Desktop\test.mp4.264" -

[i] audio encoder: "C:\Users\Bruce\Desktop\qaac.exe" -q 0.80 -ignorelength -if
    - -of "C:\Users\Bruce\Desktop\test.mp4.m4a"

[i] AudioEnc: invalid option -- g

[E] Error: The audio encoding process has prematurely exited with an error
    code of 1 (00000001). Check the log for possible error messages.
    [*] Ending operation.
    Quote Quote  
  2. -if and -of aren't valid qaac parameters. Use --ignorelength or -i , not -ignorelength.
    https://github.com/nu774/qaac/wiki/Command-Line-Options

If you want to pass wav to pass the audio to qaac you need to tick that option in the VirtualDub settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    -if and -of aren't valid qaac parameters. Use --ignorelength or -i , not -ignorelength.
    https://github.com/nu774/qaac/wiki/Command-Line-Options

If you want to pass wav to pass the audio to qaac you need to tick that option in the VirtualDub settings.
    Ya see, my problem is I didn't write those command arguments. RacerX did several years ago for neroaac. I just copied them from him and assumed they'd work for qaac too. I actually have no idea what any of them mean. Can you tell me where I can find command arguments that will work fine for qaac?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Possibly if you follow the link I kindly provided in my last post.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Possibly if you follow the link I kindly provided in my last post.
    Ah but that's not quite what I meant, ya see. I just meant a particular set that I could just copy and paste into VirtualDub rather than having to try and choose ones myself. I don't understand enough to do that. It's alright anyway. I found another vdprof that was written for qaac rather than neroaac so that should do me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Seriously, how difficult is it to "decode" the commands in one command line and then adapt them for a second program? It REALLY isn't rocket science.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, for someone who has been adequately trained in rocket science, rocket science really isn't rocket science !

For qaac, the default compression setting is --tvbr 91, which is already a very high quality, generally considered “transparent” compared with the source. For an even better quality (but it's unlikely to be distinguishable with regular speakers and untrained ears) you can use “100”, “109”, “118” or “127” which is the best possible setting (those are arbitrary numbers corresponding to “steps” of quality for VBR encoding, not actual bitrates, and if using a setting other than those values it chooses the closest setting among those available – for instance, I just tested, with --tvbr 99 it uses the “100” setting, with --tvbr 101 it also uses the “100” setting, but with --tvbr 105 it uses the “109” setting).
    So... this is not “rocket science”, but it's not so intuitive that one could easily get a grasp of it right away with no further explanation (considering that the integrated help does not even mention those subtleties).

It may be easier to encode the audio with qaac using foobar2000 (the interface clearly shows the quality setting with a slider only allowing the available settings, with an approximate corresponding average bitrate which is just a rough reference as it's highly dependent on the actual content of the audio – in my tests above the source was speech only so with --tvbr 91 the average bitrate is only 107kbps, then 116kbps with --tvbr 100, then 129kbps with --tvbr 109, for music the average bitrates would be about twice as high), and then add mux the m4a audio as-is (no further conversion) with the MP4.
    I don't remember how to make qaac work with foobar2000, though...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TimA-C View Post
    Seriously, how difficult is it to "decode" the commands in one command line and then adapt them for a second program? It REALLY isn't rocket science.
    Not that easy for most.
    Avisynth is "just some command line code", but it's not easy for the masses, or even the well-versed.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. @LordSmurf, I would have called avisynth a scripting language but, hey-ho, you're the expert. Just to give you some company on the ageing pedant step, er . . . where are you "quoting" the "just some command line code" from . . . ?

@abolibibelot, I read what you typed (I was going to write "I hear what you say" but didn't want to give LS the opportunity to go all pedantic on my backside again! ), but you weren't asking for advice or more information about certain settings so that you could have a greater understanding of the commands available to you and therefore make a more informed choice as to which ones you used. No. You were asking for ". . . a particular set that I could just copy and paste into VirtualDub rather than having to try and choose ones myself." So, basically, wanting someone else to adapt the command line you use with one program for use with another program that does a similar job . . . , yes? I'll say it again, it REALLY isn't rocket science.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavours.

Edit: My original comment was aimed at Mr Banner and, at the time of writing my reply, I hadn't twigged that a new poster had jumped in and that I was answering him/them. Sorry abolibibelot. My bad.
    Last edited by TimA-C; 19th Aug 2019 at 09:22. Reason: Late-onset stupidity
    Quote Quote  
  10. I read what you typed...
    but you weren't asking for advice... No. You were asking for...
    Just to be clear, I might be the “you” referred to in the begining of that paragraph, but I am definitely not the “you” criticized later on in that same paragraph, unless we think, along the lines of John Lennon or Bill Hicks or more surprisingly Dorian Yates, that all humans are really the subjective expressions of a single global being and consciousness, and that therefore : “I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together”...
    (Oh, my turn to be sorry, I hadn't read the “late-onset stupidity” edit !)
    Quote Quote