VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I jut got a new ASUS Blu-ray writer and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong with ripping discs. I tried to make backup copies on several of my discs and 2 of them will not copy (Minions and Independence Day 1) . I tried AnyDVD and DVDfab (trial versions), both of them quit at like 13%. I'm trying to backup the entire discs in iso format. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are the discs clean & scratch / defect free ?? did you try updating the drives firmware ??
    and are these dvd or bluray discs ? for blueray make sure that your internet connection is
    working for the decryption removal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The discs are scratch free and yes I updated the firmware. I only played each discs 1 time. Maybe it's my internet connection as it's not the best. Are there any other programs (free or not) that can can copy blu-ray discs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you updated to a new computer since you filled in the computer details?
    I've switched to MakeMKV for all of my copying needs.
    I still have this old WindowsXP computer....not sure if I'd tackle a Blu Ray...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My computer situation.....I buy too many damn computers LOL! I just purchased the ASUS Desktop within the last 30 days (BTW...Thank you for reminding me to update my computer details). I'm using windows 8.1 Pro right now. I need to try MakeMKV. I was wanting to keep the whole disc, but that may not be an option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have MakeMKV open right now waiting for the mailman to bring a new DVD....let's just hope the encryption isn't too new for MakeMKV to handle....then I'd have to suffer through DVD menus and warnings and shit.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LOL!!! I hope it works. Shockingly I used DVDShrink on a 2018 DVD and it actually worked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It worked....Deadpool 2.
    I'm beginning to think that they have gone as far as they can go with DVD encryption.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you're right. DVD has gone as far as it can go from an encryption stand point. I think the companies are only concerned with Blu-ray right now.
    Quote Quote