VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi.
    Is there any way to convert any pgs subtitles(Greek) into one single srt file without needing to create any ocr.
    Os if it isn't any other way is there any Greek language matrix dictionary for bdsup2sub or ripbot or suprip.

A lot of thanks for your time and your answers.
    Last edited by fits79; 19th Aug 2018 at 18:28.
    Quote Quote  
  2. PGS contains the subtitles as small picture while SRT contains characters.
    So to answer your question: No it is not possible to convert PGS to SRT without OCR.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    If you first demux the pgs with tsmuxer into sup file then can you convert the sup file into srt without ocr?
    Quote Quote  
  4. without OCR impossible
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I try the program with download the greek dictionary but it doesn't do anything at all.
    So.....

Is there any other program that do the convert of sup or pgs into srt without needing to type letters by letter me but do it automatically.

Even if there is any matrix dictionary for suprip program or any other program that is do the convert procedure even with ocr as automatically it can.

Do you know any that kind of program to suggest me?
    Last edited by fits79; 22nd Aug 2018 at 01:01.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by fits79
    I try the program with download the greek dictionary but it doesn't do anything at all.
    So.....
    try the download of Tesseract dictionaries from:

https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/download/3.5.6/SubtitleEditBeta.zip
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I have already download this program the the greek dictionarys but still nothing when i try to convert one pgs or sup file into srt it ask me a lot of greek words to correct them.

There isn't any automatic method to do that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, there is no other way. You can skip this proces at cost of more speling errors in srt. But OCR in Subtitle edit is very good. I believe much more than 90%. Most problem that has to be corrected is slang words. You can add them to your own dictionary. But even if you corrected everything in this first step, there can be other errors. But it is more related to latin characters. For example 0 instead of O and similar thing. Some subtiles can be absolutelly wrong.

So this proces if you want good subtitles has more steps.
    There is good proverb. No pain, no game.
    So decide for yourself what you want. No subtitles, bad subtitles or good subtitles. It all depends on you. More work you invest better subtitles you get.
    No wonder nobody answered you on your last question. Is obvious why.

*my knowledge of english language is poor

Bernix
    Quote Quote