VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have many BluRay discs I would like to star as exact BDMV folders copied to my computer.

I tried both "Folder" function from MakeMKV to copy full BluRay disc to my computer or DVDFab to copy full disc. So now I have a main directory with several sub directories (BDMV, STREAM, CERTIFICATE...).

Then, I just try to open BDMV folder on MPC HC (with "Open BD/DVD") but it says either it "cannot render the file" or "cannot find DVD directory" (depending on what I open, "BDMV" or "STREAM"). I have MPC HC configured with ffdshow. I never encountered issues when directly storing BluRay on MKV files. I don't want to use anything excepted MPC HC. I know it is possible as I've already managed to do so in the past.

In my opinion, there is no difference whether I use MakeMKV or DVDFab. It seems I can't open BDMV folder but simply opening a .m2ts from STREAM seems to work.

So what can I do to solve this ?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. What happens, when you open the file index.bdmv in the Blu-ray folder with MPC-HC or MPC-BE?

Try to disable ffdshow for testing purposes and see what happens then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    What happens, when you open the file index.bdmv in the Blu-ray folder with MPC-HC or MPC-BE?

Try to disable ffdshow for testing purposes and see what happens then.
    Hi, thanks but .bdmv results in "cannot render the file". I unticked ffdshow External Filters in MPC but it is the same.

Then I don't know : if I just insert BD in PC and tries to open it via MPC HC it is the same result. Maybe, some protections are there. I don't use Any DVD HD or something like that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe I miss something : Am I supposed to configure something on MakeMKV or DVDFab ? As I said, right now, playing BDMV or just reading physical BluRay directly via MPC HC results in the same thing. It "cannot render the file". Am I doing something wrong ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there anybody to help me figure this out ? I also tried to instal VLC Player and did some trick to handle BluRay support (adding something on a "Roaming" folder and on VLC instal folder). Then opening main BDMV folder works. Nonetheless, though BluRay is opened, it won't play correctly (lagging...) but it is another story and that is mainly why I don't want to use VLC.

Anyway, this test leads me to think that my BDMV backup is probably okay (obtained via MakeMKV or DVDFab). I guess there is something that doesn't work well on MPC HC itself (and/or its configuration). What can I do ? I don't understand what could be wrong : MPC HC is configured normally with ffdshow as preference (External Filters) and almost nothing as Internal Filters. See attached pictures. FFDSHOW is more or less the best decoding filter in my situation but I don't know, perhaps I should use something else ?

[Attachment 51279 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 51280 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Why do you want to use ffdshow? Is there any specific reason for this? LAV Filters are great and ffdshow is way outdated, but there are some special features in ffdshow which are good for some special cases, but normally you shouldn't need it.

What version of MPC-HC do you use? Please update it to latest, but before please also turn on all internal filters and disable external ffdshow. Does that work?

Can you please check MPC-BE 1.5.4 with only internal filters?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Why do you want to use ffdshow? Is there any specific reason for this? LAV Filters are great and ffdshow is way outdated, but there are some special features in ffdshow which are good for some special cases, but normally you shouldn't need it.

What version of MPC-HC do you use? Please update it to latest, but before please also turn on all internal filters and disable external ffdshow. Does that work?

Can you please check MPC-BE 1.5.4 with only internal filters?
    I want to use ffdshow as I originally store my compressional BluRay into uncompressed MKV files (created with MakeMKV). I'm using MPC HC v 1.7.13 which I got lately and I guess it is latest version. I tried internal filters but it won't play correctly at all these MKV files (lagging, jump in audio or audio somehow stops sometimes...). I also tried madVR (something like that) but it didn't work well. At that time using ffdshow (audio, video) leads to great results excepted for VC-1 which are more or less played with some jump in audio (I have no solution for that).

I got MPC-BE 1.5.4 as suggested. I didn't configure anything. I opened BDMV folder and indeed it plays now but...it is awful : audio jump and sometimes stops as explained above, lagging, image is somehow slow. Well it plays very bad. It is almost the same and even worse with an MKV uncompressed file I just tried to opened. Regarding this one, it is similar to what I encountered with internal MPC HC filters. Should I set ffdshow ? Notes : ffdshow doesn't seem to be reachable in External Filters.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by abel413 View Post
    It is almost the same and even worse with an MKV uncompressed file I just tried to opened. Regarding this one, it is similar to what I encountered with internal MPC HC filters. Should I set ffdshow ? Notes : ffdshow doesn't seem to be reachable in External Filters.
    What is the bitrate? If it's very high perhaps the system is too slow to play it.
    Which OS are you using ? If it's Windows 7 or newer uninstall ffdshow / haali (matroska) spliter and install LAV filters

Can you provide a short video sample?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by abel413 View Post
    It is almost the same and even worse with an MKV uncompressed file I just tried to opened. Regarding this one, it is similar to what I encountered with internal MPC HC filters. Should I set ffdshow ? Notes : ffdshow doesn't seem to be reachable in External Filters.
    What is the bitrate? If it's very high perhaps the system is too slow to play it.
    Which OS are you using ? If it's Windows 7 or newer uninstall ffdshow / haali (matroska) spliter and install LAV filters

Can you provide a short video sample?

Well I don't know about the bitrate. I tried to examinate BDMV with DVDFab :

Code:
    PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00000.MPLS  
    Length:                 1:46:14.034 (h:m:s.ms)
    Size:                   34,144,512,000 bytes
    Total Bitrate:          42.85 Mbps
    I installed latest LAV and set every one as preferred while unticking anything in Internal Filters :

[Attachment 51281 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 51282 - Click to enlarge]

Result : same : still lagging, audio jumping...

I desperately had the idea to change something there instead of Enhance Video Renderer (custom presenter) :

[Attachment 51283 - Click to enlarge]

Now it seems to play well both audio video (for BDMV or MKV uncompressed file) but not any subtitle (pgs format) while it played subtiles with previous Enhance Video Renderer (custom presenter). Well it would be absolutely perfect with subtitles !

I don"t know how to create a sample. Oh and I'm on Windows 10.
    Last edited by abel413; 30th Dec 2019 at 15:54.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To create a sample use Avidemux (portable version works well), load the source, use the slider and the A and B buttons to set a start and end point,
    file/save (default is MKV).

Does this sample play properly?
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 30th Dec 2019 at 17:04.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    To create a sample use Avidemux (portable version works well), load the source, use the slider and the A and B buttons to set a start and end point,
    file/save (default is MKV).

Does this sample play properly?
    Yes, it plays. I don't think there is a point in creating myself a sample as full BDMV or uncompressed MKV work now. Since I've set Video Mixing Renderer 9 (windowed) as shown in above capture, both audio and video seem to play perfectly. But subtitles are disabled. I don't understand why the hell it happens...

As you can see with Video Mixing Renderer 9 (windowed) enabled, it is like that in Subtitles :

[Attachment 51286 - Click to enlarge]

So internal subtitle renderer is not available anymore. Then pgs subtitles are not taken in account and even worse I can't load anyone either (it is greyed out).

What can I do to handle subitles there ? I want to handle either pgs, SRT ect.

Notes : I also tried in MPC HC : since I enable Video Mixing Renderer 9 (with ffdshow instead of LAV Filters), it now works but same issue : subtitles are not recognized. So my issue seems due to that Video renderer more than ffdshow, LAV ect. But I loose subtitles handle which seems to be non logical to me...I just need to keep Video Mixing Renderer 9 and be able to handle subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  12. This is a known limitation of VMR-9.

Download MPC Video Renderer, extract the folder to your desired location then run the install as admin and then select the Renderer in MPC-BE. Does this Renderer work for you?
    Quote Quote  
  13. https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPC-Video-Renderer

The auto link doesn‘t work, because it linked to old MPC, so here it is.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPC-Video-Renderer

The auto link doesn‘t work, because it linked to old MPC, so here it is.
    Hi, well I tried it : now subtitles are taken in account and I would say it works but not perfectly. It plays BDMV and most uncompressed MKV stuff. But I would say it lags somehow, especially with VC-1 files (but also with some AVC). Audio is not failing/jumping but video is somehow "slowdown". While I'm watching, I can't do much more like googling or searching for something : it also lags a little bit while simply navigating with the mouse.

So I don't know what to think : is there a way to parameter this MPC Video Renderer ?

Else, with VMR-9 which seems to provide the best result at that time, to download and use an external subtitle renderer ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi,

I think I know why I have the issue but I don't know how to solve it : currently my Graphic Card is "basic" Microsoft Graphic Card for Windows 10. Actually, in the past I uninstalled any Graphic card as an update has been made in 2018 (I think) and since then I encountered an awful problem : my computer screen goes to black screen from time to time and randomly. It is very nasty...

I didn't find any solution excepted uninstal everything, block Windows Update and use that "basic" Graphic Card which doesn't cause the issue.

Today, I have decided to update my Graphic Card : I have a DELL Inspiron 3662 and I got latest Intel UHD Graphics Driver from there :

https://www.dell.com/support/home/fr/fr/frbsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-3662-...esktop/drivers

After that, videos work nice on MPC HC (even with only Internal Filters set and anything else) but that "black screen" issue is now there...so I uninstalled anything and I'm back to my initial issue regarding videos on MPC HC.

So what can I do ? Should I install BIOS also from previous DELL page ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Might be helpful to post in the Dell forum, some good people there. May get specific help for your issue
    Including BIOS upgrade help
    Quote Quote  
  17. Get a dedicated gfx card and install the driver on your own. Put in the gfx card in the pc then disconnect the network, so Microsoft can not install their outdated driver and install the previouly downloaded driver on your own. of course power off during gfx card mechanical installation.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are Makemkv and dvdfab running at the same time?
    Quote Quote