VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Hd2sd is a script. You need to track down 64 bit versions of all the filters it uses.
    How do I know what those are?
    There should have been a readme or some other txt file in the package you downloaded, it will tell you exactly what's included, what's not included (what you have to go download) and where you should put everything.

Oh by the way here is a video tutorial for the HD2SD script. If use dgmpg decode to frameserve mpeg2 you can more than triple your encoding speed.
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 5th Nov 2011 at 01:41.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's the tutorial I've been using.

Managed to track down 64-bit version of everything except grapesmoother and vscope, but I can't find those two.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Gave up and reverted to 32-bit AVISynth, VDub, and HuffYUV, and now HuffYUV isn't showing up under 'Compression'. Couldn't find a way to uninstall HuffYUV, so I just ran the 32-bit installer. Should I have done something else? Or am I stuck with the 64-bit version short of reinstalling Windows or something stupid like that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need a special procedure to install 32 bit HuffYUV in 64 bit Windows. It's the same as this post about LAME: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic332208.html#1723154
    Quote Quote  
  5. That did the trick, but when I try to save as an AVI VirtualDub crashes. First time had something to do with kernel32.dll, the second time was a memory access violation relating to DGDecode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You need to isolate the cause of the crash. Can you save using the same codecs when not using HD2SD? Can you scan through the video with the frame slider when using HD2SD?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I can scan through fine on the right hand window, but on the left it's just displaying green. Will try encoding something else not using that script now.

EDIT: Encoding to HuffYUV worked fine without the HD2SD script.
    Last edited by koberulz; 7th Nov 2011 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    I can scan through fine on the right hand window, but on the left it's just displaying green.
    Turn off directx acceleration:
    Options -> Preferences -> Display (left pane) -> Use DirectX... disable it.

Encoding to HuffYUV worked fine without the HD2SD script.
    I find that SetMtMode() often causes problems. Try disabling it if it's in the script.
    Quote Quote  
  9. That did the trick.

Ran the resulting AVI through TMPGEnc XPress, then into Encore and burned. Problem is, somewhere along the line the area of the picture usually hidden by overscan was cropped off. Then it gets overscanned again on the TV, resulting in a massive loss of the outside of the picture. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Look at your intermediate files. Where did the cropping happen?
    Quote Quote  
  11. AVISynth, by the look of it. The m2v file referred to in the .avs script is fine, the avs script itself, when viewed in MPC, is not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVISynth, by the look of it. The m2v file referred to in the .avs script is fine, the avs script itself, when viewed in MPC, is not.
    Post your script.
    Quote Quote  
  13. As on page 1:
    Code:
    MPEG2Source("Sequence 02.d2v")
    hd2sd(interlaced=true, OutputColorSpace="YUY2")
    Quote Quote  
  14. Try reading the hd2sd() documentation?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As on page 1:
    Code:
    MPEG2Source("Sequence 02.d2v")
    hd2sd(interlaced=true, OutputColorSpace="YUY2")
    This script isn't doing any cropping, unless the hd2sd function is doing something weird with the interlaced frames.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hd2sd.txt:
    parameter: Widescreentype
    values: -2, -1, 0, 1, 2
    default: 1

widescreentype determines how the video is scaled, cropped, and padded to fit the intended output.

2 [ 16x9 ] ... Adds black borders as needed (pillarboxing or letterboxing) on normal hd -> sd conversions, this will add 8-pixel borders to the sides of the output

1 [ 16x9 ] ... Crops when needed for optimal apect ratio conversion while using all visible pixels. On normal hd -> sd conversions, this will crop 14 pixels from the top and bottom of a 1080 hd source [10 from a 720p source] prior to scaling

0 [ ? ] ... Simply resizes the original width and height without considering the PAR of the input or output On normal HD -> SD conversions, this will cause some horixintal stretching
    Change it to 0.

They ascribe to the theory that DVDs conform to the BT.601 spec regarding aspect ratios. Ie, the 16:9 picture is contained in the center 704x480 portion of the 720x480 frame. But the DVD spec refers to the MPEG 2 spec regarding aspect ratios. And the MPEG 2 spec is very clear: the full 720x480 frame comprises the aspect ratio. That would be WidescreenType=0.
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Nov 2011 at 10:26.
    Quote Quote  
  17. So it should be:
    Code:
    hd2sd(interlaced=true, OutputColorSpace="YUY2", WidescreenType=0)
    ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Why do you even bother to ask when you can open your script in VirtualDub and see right away whether it's working or not?
    Quote Quote