VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    the only plugin which might have requirements could be plugins_JPSDR.dll (providing the aSobel function).
    You gave me an idea. I downloaded the required JPSDR.dll file from the developer's page and replaced the file in the application. Now the plugin works without errors. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by gelo333 View Post
    And also tell me how can I add the avsi plugin to Staxrip? I want to add CASP (aka CAS+).
    Excuse me, but I'll ask again. How do I add Avisynt scripts to Staxrip? For .avsi files to function. Now I keep getting error messages.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are the tricks to maximizing processing speed? I am using SR to deinterlace 720x486 ProRes422 captures of 3/4 SP masters. I'm running a Core i9 3.6ghz with 16mb ram. It is taking four hours to chew through a one-hour program and output to utvideo/MKV: (fps=12, speed .205x). Any help appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'm throwing a batch of mkvs with audiostreams ID2 Japanese and ID3 English into StaxRip with the intention to just strip out non-english subtitles and leave everything else untouched. It removes the correct subtitles, and I can see the two audiostreams extracted in the temp folder with the correct languages, but in the final file, the Japanese audiostream has been renamed to English. I've confirmed that the Japanese audiostream IS still Japanese.

I have audio set to Copy\Mux. I can get the correct output loading each file one by one, right-clicking on the audio tracks and setting them manually. I can't quite figure out why it would be doing this. Any hints?

Another question: Currently, StaxRip outputs to the source folder and names the processed file (original filename)_new.mkv. Is there a way to have it rename the original file to something like (filename)_old.mkv and the processed file to (filename).mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey Guys any chance for NVenc AV1 support or NVidia Hardware Acceleration realised by ffmpeg AV1 ? ?

update
    You don't need to rush with NVenc AV1 implementation in Staxrip
    there is new app using it NEAV1E 2.14
    Last edited by Bemx2k; 6th Apr 2023 at 11:06.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello and greetings,

since I transcode audio tracks more often, the automatic detection (transfer) of audio track names doesn't make sense.
    How can I prevent (skip, avoid) this?
    Or if it doesn't work, how can I set the names to empty strings afterwards?

Following the pattern --title "" for movie title in Container Options I tried with --track-name 1: "" --track-name 2: "" to delete them, but get only error messages.

By the way, how can I prevent the detection of subtitle track names too?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I noticed that the x265 encoder still shows version 3.5+37+12 (01/04/2022) I don't understand why it is not updated.
    Quote Quote  
  8. There is still no NVenc AV1 support
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Do you even have an 8th generation Nvidia GPU ("Ada Lovelace" family) which supports AV1 encoding in hardware?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    Do you even have an 8th generation Nvidia GPU ("Ada Lovelace" family) which supports AV1 encoding in hardware?
    If you asking me ? answer is Yes MSI 4090 Suprim , and I can say while I am encoding 2 movies x264 to AV1 using ''NotEnoughAV1Encodes'' app
    I can play Battlefield 2042 at the same time .

Just to let you know there is another app using NVenc av1 : FastFlix

StaxRip still not updated properly for Nvenc AV1
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I noticed that the x265 encoder is not updated in this version either, however for those who want to do it manually new versions are available always by mod Patman
    https://github.com/jpsdr/x265/releases
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi... In the latest release, there is a problem with SMDegrain only with Prefilter 4. With the other prefilters is ok.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    What kind of "problem"? Any details?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes, when I set the SMDegrain to Prefilter=4, an error appear, but I found that the error is in the latest version of SMDegrain (in the old version Prefilter=4 is ok), by Dogway. I informed Dogway on the forum thread dedicated to SMDegrain.

Why Cabac choice is removed from the latest version of Staxrip h.265 Nvencc?

[Attachment 71354 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm using Staxrip 2.6 to get ride off some noise in a video. I'm using temporal degrain 2 for that purpose but I notice that works incredible slow (0.6 fps) because it's using only un cpu core and apparently none of the cudas of my gpu. I'm wondering if I could take some advantage of the hardware with this filter or any other in Staxrip that works the same in order to speed up the process.

System
    Ryzen 7 5700x (8core 16 threads)
    Nvidia RTX 3060 ti
    32 GB ram
    Windows 10 64bit

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  16. try this or something similar

Code:
    SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", 2)
    TemporalDegrain2(your settings)
    Prefetch(16)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gelo333 View Post
    try this or something similar

Code:
    SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", 2)
    TemporalDegrain2(your settings)
    Prefetch(16)
    Wonderful, thanks a lot gelo333!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm using staxrip to convert a video from hdr to sdr, all seems working fine but the only thing that does not convince me is that lights / luminance in the output its's too strong compared to the original, as result some details are lost.

This is the scrip
    ConvertYUVtoXYZ(Color=0, HDRMode=0, OOTF=false, OutputMode=2)
    ConverXYZ_BT2446_C_HDRtoSDR(PQMode=true, Lhdr=10000, Lsdr=100.0, pColor=0)
    ConvertXYZtoYUV(Color=2, pColor=0, OOTF=false, OutputMode=2)
    ConvertBits(8)

Is there anyway to attenuate the glowing in the lights?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any similar software like staxrip for macos
    Quote Quote  
  20. I want to encode the whole series. I want to use 2 Pass encode. Is possible to prefer the same size of all parts? (the number of frames are little different for episodes).I have a feeling that bitrate is always prioritized, not the final size.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, anyone knows if it's possible to apply a filter only to some parts of a video using staxrip?
    I would like to apply f3kdb neo (neo_f3kdb (preset="luma", output_depth=8) only to these range of frames
    75396-76828
    89248-93172

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote