VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I having issues about to get working the mp4 repair https://www.videohelp.com/software/MP4-Repair-untrunc-GUI on a simple mp4 not finished file.
    I've read the comments that someone said, "you can only select files to repair from C: drive". For reference file, I put a destination (Desktop). So my file was already on C: as you can see down, after the process, display "file or commant not found". After clicking ok, displays "done". I cant get it. I can only save my mp4 to C: drive letter, or on program files, or anywhere else but of course onto my pc ? Let me know guys.
    [Attachment 69577 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 69578 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can put the files everywhere, not only in C:
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You can put the files everywhere, not only in C:
    Oh I thought that the program had issues for this. Anyway, I wonder if I have to put another video on "reference file"Image
    [Attachment 69585 - Click to enlarge]

instead of using another destination path, when the program do the trick. The file I want to fix is only 100Mb mp4 and
    unfinished.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The reference file has to be a working one with the same characteristics as the defective one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    The reference file has to be a working one with the same characteristics as the defective one.
    Nope. Still cant get it working. This app, whoever deshigned it, is so broken. Why I cant select a single file and repair it ? It gives me the
    error again and again "file or command not found".. c'mon, make a free app for people just want to get a truncated file back. -_-
    Rarely some of mine files is broken, but some old sites that I visit, many times has some unfinished mp4s, when I download content.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works for me. I downloaded the latest version at your link above. I expanded the archive into a subfolder in my downloads folder.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ut.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	69589  

Last edited by davexnet; 4th Mar 2023 at 18:59.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    It works for me. I downloaded the latest version at your link above. I expanded the archive into a subfolder in my downloads folder.
    Still doesnt work. Man.. it says is done at least, but the truncated video is still the same.. another solution??
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVDLover00 View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Still doesnt work. Man.. it says is done at least, but the truncated video is still the same.. another solution??
    Possibly the file contains enough bad data the repair is not complete.
    Try dropping the repaired file into MKVTOOLNIX GUI to see if the resulting MKV file plays, or whether you get
    any further error messages
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Try dropping the repaired file into MKVTOOLNIX GUI to see if the resulting MKV file plays, or whether you get
    it's not MKV. is just simple mp4 video.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's not MKV. is just simple mp4 video.
    It doesn't have to be MKV source. The tool will create an MKV from it ....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by DVDLover00 View Post
    Why I cant select a single file and repair it ?
    Because MP4 files typically have all the information about the video (frame size, codecs, etc.) at the end of the video. Without that information it's very difficult to figure out what needs to be done.

it says is done at least, but the truncated video is still the same..
    I've never used the program but it probably doesn't change the original file. Look for an output folder option to find your new fixed file.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by DVDLover00 View Post
    Why I cant select a single file and repair it ?.
    Because the truncated file is missing essential information.
    To get this missing information the program needs a good reference video.
    For this you have to load BOTH videos, the truncated and the reference video.
    The last must be another video as the truncated one.
    Quote Quote