VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want this video to be totally progressive, which filters do you recommend?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    Mpeg2Source(...)
    TFM()
    TDecimate()
    There is that one shot at about 45 seconds into the clip (camera rotating around a grey statue) that's frame blended and 29.97 fps. If you want to keep that and encode at 59.94 fps use:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source(...)
    Interleave(TFM(field=1,pp=0), TFM(field=0,pp=0))
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Dec 2013 at 09:08.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. I was going along OK with script #1 myself, until I got to the scene in question. I figured there would be a trick to it, so I'm off to the TIVTC documentation. Thanks for the script.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 10:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tested with another video, and realized that some frames were not deinterlace.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. The only place I saw comb artifacts after TFM().TDecimate() was in the fade-from-black at ~44 seconds into the clip. That fade-in was done on interlaced video so every field is different (although it's still normal 3:2 pulldown from the film frames).

Since each field is slightly brighter than the last TFM() can't find a perfectly matching field -- so it uses the closest match, a slightly brighter or darker field. Adding vInverse() to my earlier script will blend away those comb artifacts:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VideoFile.split.2.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) 
    Interleave(TFM(field=1,pp=0), TFM(field=0,pp=0))
    vInverse()
    Removing the "pp=0" arguments usually gets rid of those residual comb artifacts, but didn't work in this case because they are too light. I try to avoid enabling pp (post processing) in TFM because it sometimes makes mistakes -- especially in animated content.

Or you could full QTGMC():

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VideoFile.split.2.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) 
    QTGMC(preset="fast") # or whichever preset you prefer
    The fade from black will be a little smoother with QTGMC() but it sometimes causes a little ghosting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	comp.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	21886

On the left is Interleave(TFM(field=1,pp=0), TFM(field=0,pp=0)). On the right is QTGMC() -- you can see dark lines ghosting from the next frame. QTGMC() sometimes leads to other small distortions.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Dec 2013 at 22:59.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I solved the problem by using:

TFM ()
    TDecimate ()
    Vinverse ()

Now, I want to solve another problem identified in the video:
    The outline of the picture is bad, perhaps because of the compression. How do I leave them well defined, as are the video before the encode?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by charlesn73z View Post
    I solved the problem by using:

TFM ()
    TDecimate ()
    Vinverse ()
    That will make the 30p and 30i sections jerky.

Originally Posted by charlesn73z View Post
    The outline of the picture is bad, perhaps because of the compression. How do I leave them well defined, as are the video before the encode?
    I didn't see much difference. Do you mean the black outlines? Can you point to a particular frame that has the problem. Provide a screen shot?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I solved the problem by using:

TFM ()
    TDecimate ()
    Vinverse ()
    That will make the 30p and 30i sections jerky.

I didn't see much difference. Do you mean the black outlines? Can you point to a particular frame that has the problem. Provide a screen shot?
    Yes, they are the black lines. In endode they are blurry, the original video is normal. Only one realizes that seeing the videos.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Use a sharper resizing filter. Or leave the video at its original frame size and specify the SAR in x264.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I used:

TFM ()
    TDecimate ()
    Vinverse ()
    crop (4, 0, -2, 0)
    Spline36Resize (960.720) # Spline36 (Neutral)

Solves the problems of the lines, however, generated macroblocks in the video.
    Last edited by charlesn73z; 13th Dec 2013 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote  
  11. That's because your source is full of macroblocks. A sharp resizer will enhance them. Use a deblocking filter. Like Mpeg2Source()'s CPU=6. Or AviSynth's DeBlock_QED().
    Quote Quote  
  12. By doing resize, I noticed that the colors of the video have been changed, why?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Maybe your players switches to rec.709 colors when playing videos over 720x480? Maybe you're playing two videos at the same time, one is using video overlay, the other not? Spline36Resize() would not change the colors.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Maybe your players switches to rec.709 colors when playing videos over 720x480? Maybe you're playing two videos at the same time, one is using video overlay, the other not? Spline36Resize() would not change the colors.
    I do not know. Do you know how can I deinterlace this DVD without having to encode the video?
    Is there any player or another method?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Almost all players can deinterlace during playback. VLC for example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlc.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	22058
    Quote Quote  
  16. This DVD they can not, I've tried with MPC-HC, VLC, SPlayer, I set the codec for desentralaçar, but it's pointless.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Almost all players can deinterlace during playback. VLC for example:

[Attachment 22058 - Click to enlarge]
    That was the first thing I did, to no avail. Must be something wrong with my PC?
    On your computer can deinterlace?
    Last edited by charlesn73z; 13th Dec 2013 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote