VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The subject line is an error I made but I don't know what I selected that, for instance, changed the proper name Lumpkin and got Pumpkin in Subtitle Edit. It had to be by running Fix Common Errors. I don't know how to do much else.
    I did not want any changes at all for the proper name or names found so I've had to go over the whole subtitle to find these errors.

The Fix Common Errors list is quite long.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If a name gets changed due to a ocr then what you should do is go to options/word lists and check in ocr fix list for the name and remove it so it doesn't get auto fixed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for answering. I know I wasn't doing anything with OCR for VOBs with Tesseract and the like.
    Do things get added to the list you mention automatically? I just don't know which process is involved. The only thing
    I recall is that on one pass I had all the boxes checked on Fix Common Errors, then reverted to the default. I keep good backups daily and maybe should have just done what I do in a day over. These manual editing jobs to make subs accurate I do an hour or 90 mins a day-- it's not a job, it's an avocation.

But some subs I've gotten from third parties have not been originals since they have some really peculiar errors no one checked.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll call this solved as having run spell check and using the defaults in error. Thinking through it, that had to be what it was.
    Quote Quote