VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to author an AVCHD disc in multiAVCHD, but when I input the files, they are all highlighted in red and say "height (714) not compliant." It lets me create a disc using them, but when I play it on my Blu-ray player, the image is distorted. How can I fix this? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Go back to your original files and export/convert them to a BD-compliant size (1920x1080, or 1280x720). You don't want to fix this AFTER THE FACT (you would have even more lossy-coding generational artifacts).

Scott

And in case you were wondering, "I was trying to crop to just the picture" would NOT be a good excuse for using non-standard sizes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Go back to your original files and export/convert them to a BD-compliant size (1920x1080, or 1280x720). You don't want to fix this AFTER THE FACT (you would have even more lossy-coding generational artifacts).

Scott

And in case you were wondering, "I was trying to crop to just the picture" would NOT be a good excuse for using non-standard sizes.
    What is the best program to do this? I've tried using mkvtoolnix to change it to 1280x720, but when I put the new file into multiAVCHD, it gives me the same message.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, don't just remux, you'll have to re-encode first. What is your source(s)?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    No, don't just remux, you'll have to re-encode first. What is your source(s)?

Scott
    Ok, what program should I use to re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Handbrake, VidCoder, Ripbot 264... Any of those will do to re-encode to compliant resolutions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ...Depending on what your source format(s) is/are, though AVISynth and/or ffmpeg or Haali/LAV/AV filters go a long way to smoothing out the bumps there...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anybody give me a quick rundown on how to do this with Handbrake (and keep the best quality possible)? I couldn't find a guide on this site that shows exactly how to do what I'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote