VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We are planning on joining Hudl which is a sports film exchange company that schools can exchange films without driving. The problem that I am having with them is that their program keeps crashing for me and is not really going to work even after having remote sessions with Hudl themselves. They have decided that it would be best to capture with another program and not their product. I have no problem with that. Then after I capture I was going to add it to a program that they have called Mercury that will upload it to their site so a trade can be made and if we choose we can edit it with their special tools. The problem I know am facing that I just found out tonight is that it won't recognize m2t files but only m2ts files. Is it me that is behind the times or is it them, I don't know but this is getting frustrating. What can I use to change the m2t files that won't take a long time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to rename those files from m2t to m2ts and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I understand that, but with some, we are talking 105 different video clips for some videos. That could take a lonnnnnnggggg time. There are programs out there but I don't know what they are.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went and tried to rename one but I guess I am not sure what needs to be done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Have you tried to play one of those files on your computer? Try MPC-HC . That program works for me for both types of files you mentioned. Also I can't find much on the web about that Mercury program. How about more info on that please? Maybe that program requires special file names?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    appears to me hudl only works with SD cams and video files. your m2t are most likely HD video from a HDV cam. the miniDV tape video they allow is DVavi not HDV. you can most likely export your HDV from the cam as DVavi by changing a setting or 2 in the cam. then it should work but you will lose the high quality of the HDV.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not impressed with them for that but they are the only means of exchange that gives you the options our head coach wants. They tell me they take HD so I don't know what to tell you. They may not truly understand what HD is. I am going to try to do it the way they suggest and convert the m2t to m2ts. They put a program on my computer that does it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got things to work but really are very unimpressed with the quality after it is uploaded to their site. My HD game film is pretty full of artifacts. I hate poor quality when looking at film but I guess most coaches are pretty quality blind I guess. I did find a product that changes the extension and it works fast and easily. You just drag and drop. It is called ezxtn. It worked is all I can say.
    Quote Quote