VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I just purchased VOB2MPG Pro v3.0 today. It ask me to choose my DVD source. I select the DVD drive which contains "Video_TS.IFO" file. When I click on Open I get a pop up window that says, "Could Not start DVD. Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found." I have a large collection of home DVD's of my family that I would like to digitize and backup on my external hard drive. There are not copyright movies. They are videos that I shot myself.
    Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you look at the sticky: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/315282-Troubleshooting-VOB2MPG-DVD-Preview to see if that can helpl you resolve the issue?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the reply. I tried using DVD Control Type 1 instead of Type 2 and received an error message saying, "Could not get interfaces. No such interface supported". With DVD Control Type 2 I get audio playback in the preview window but no video. After I converted the video clip to Mpeg it plays just fine in Windows Media player with audio and video. I just wish that the video would work in the preview window when using VOB2MPG Pro. Any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried installing the DScaler5 Mpeg2 filter and it the video now works. Thank you for the assistance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  6. This solved my issue as well! Thx!
    Quote Quote