VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I am looking for advice on an easy to use video editing/producing software. I originally tried Vegas which was way to complicated for a new user like me, then Pinnacle...I'm sorry to say I need something easier. I basically just want to do home movies from family videos, nothing complex. Would like output to be burned on a dvd with also a back up copy that I'd store on an external hard drive in case something happened to the DVD or I wanted more copies. If I can actually achieve this, I'd like to produce short stand alone clips that I could easily link together to form a dvd movie. For example, I'd compile a birthday DVD or a travel DVD and possibly have some of the same clips on both DVD's and all I'd have to do is drop these short clips into the timeline to complete the subject of whatever type of DVD i was trying to produce. Thanks for any suggestions. Also I'm willing to pay for the software, not looking for freebies.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe you could use DVDStyler.

Basically it's a DVD authoring software, ie. to create menus, converting videos to DVD format, creating DVD etc.

You can make some editing like cuts.

[Attachment 48512 - Click to enlarge]

And joining videos

[Attachment 48513 - Click to enlarge]

And I would recommend you start by creating an ISO file to test it in a software player to see if menus etc are working as intended before burning it to a DVD with something like ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You may want to take second a look at Vegas, particularly the Movie Studio version. It really doesn't get much simpler and you don't have to use ALL the features to get going. Also maybe check out Adobe Premiere Rush.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know of anything easier than Pinnacle Studio. For two decades it has been the "go to" for people wanting to get started with video editing and who need to do fairly simple edits. It is how I got started twenty years ago. The next step up would be Movie Studio, which has already been recommended.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    John,
    OUCH lol. I have had some success with Pinnacle but when I get stuck I get really stuck and the book I have and the videos I've watched on youtube don't seem to answer all the questions. I should probably just start posting the questions on this website.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Diana, It helps for others searching topics to have a more descriptive title. I'll change yours this time.

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote