Ok I was wondering if there are speed classes on sony memory sticks like the class ratings on sdhc memory cards?

The reason I am asking is twice now I have purchased rental movies on my ps3 and moved them to my psp fat 1000 so I could watch them on the portable unit. Both times they have gone wildly out of synch and stutter just about halfway through the movie.

Is this a symptom of a memory stick that is too slow?

I have found out the videos on the playstation store in sd are 1500kpbs. Can the psp 1000 fat even play this reliably? If it can't why does it allow me to transfer the file and activate the rental? It should notify me if my model psp is incapable of playing this reliably.

The memory stick I am using is a memory stick pro duo 8gb mark 2 magic gate.

Is this an adequate memory stick for high quality video playbacks?

I can't alter this video as this is a drm'd video from the playstation store - I do not want to alter it I am renting it to watch it. Do I need to get a different class of memory stick to reliably playback the video?

I tried a google search on phrases like psp fat playstation store synch issues but didn't come up with anything.

The reason I want to do this is I want an ipod like solution with the equipment I already have. This should work but doesn't.

Fyi home encoded movies have worked on the psp and on this memory stick before but I haven't tried that high of a bitrate.

Should I consider trading in my psp fat for a psp slim? I don't want a psp go as I still have some umd games that I don't want to rebuy as digital downloads. Do the psp slims playback store bought or rented videos smoothly with no interruptions or stutters? Is it a sign the memory stick is failing somehow? I would buy a new one if it will cure the issue but I want to make sure I'm buying the right one.

Fyi both rented videos were about 2 hours each and both seemed to go out of synch and stutter about the hour mark each time.