VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Right after I posted that last thread about choppy playback on Potplayer (except when opening AVS scripts with it) I can no longer open AVS scripts with it...
    I tried resetting settings to default. Error just says "Unable to open item". All other players open Avisynth scripts just fine.

The reason I'm asking on here is because Potplayer has some of the worst, most useless customer service I ever ran into. Why couldn't the author have been a goddamn German? :/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is everything x86 or x64 ? What is your potplayer ?

Test x86 .avs script in vdub2 x86, or mpchc x86
    Test x64 .avs script in vdub2 x64, or mpchc x64
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Is everything x86 or x64 ? What is your potplayer ?

Test x86 .avs script in vdub2 x86, or mpchc x86
    Test x64 .avs script in vdub2 x64, or mpchc x64
    I can't believe this completely flew over my head. I upgraded my potplayer to x64 that very day. 64-bit MPC isn't rendering it either but all 32-bit programs are. Leave it to you guys to point out the obvious when the programs own authors can't, lmao.

But why is this? Shouldn't x64 apps be able to work with x86 but not the reverse? I guess it doesn't matter as I plan to upgrade both avisynth and virtualdub to x64.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Aludin View Post
    Shouldn't x64 apps be able to work with x86 but not the reverse? I guess it doesn't matter as I plan to upgrade both avisynth and virtualdub to x64.
    A x64 host system OS can run x86 applications , but that specific process chain will be x86

Unless there is a "bridging" application or method, x86 / x64 are separate systems .

The x86 or x64 avs version that is initialized or called is usually determined by the application ; eg. If you open .avs with vdub2 x86 , it will "call" avisynth x86 . If you open with ffmpeg x64, it will "call" avisynth x64
    Quote Quote