VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys I want to get into learning avisynth scripts etc and I'm sure I can learn. I've dealt with scripts in very old pc games wherby you had to open notepad files to change values and input data to get the game to change and do things. And I'm pretty good with authoring blu rays and dvds etc so...

I have downloaded avisynth and the scirpting tool think its called avps or something. Also downloaded virtual dub. Is this all I will need in terms of programs?

Fyi I dont have a specific video source to give you an example of what I want to achieve but was wondering if anyone had a sample video clip I could use for learning purposes. Perhaps one you have in a before and after state already and I can try to match the after state.

Specifically I want a video clip thats old. With noise problems, dirt and scratch issues and shake with colour issues too. So that I can learn from the ground up. I feel this is the best way . I'm very patient also and I feel I'm going to need to be.

Is standard worklfow first to stabilize , then did the other issues with a source and then work on colour? Any advise where to get a clip or of anyone can lend me one would be great or any tutorials etc.

Many thanks.

Dan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just check threads where people posted samples asking for restoration advice on them. Here is one very long thread on DFAQ as an example.

Software-wise, to write the script, you just need some text editor and something to preview the video with (a program that can open AVS scripts mind you). AvsP performs both functions. You don't need VirtualDub unless you want to use it to encode the result, capture video, etc. Or play audio; I don't think AvsP does that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks man
    Quote Quote