VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i am using verbatim blank blu ray from 2011, for my home videos, i am using BDR LTH TYPE 25GB Jewel Case blank blu ray which i bought from local store or amazon.com (i dont remember), i have made my brother wedding video, edited and burned on this disc, it was working great till january 2016, i used to play the disc for guests, and today after january 2016 i tried to play it on my blu ray player but it says blank, and ejected, then i tried my laptop, external blu ray writers and many more players but its not showing me anything, i have checked the surface of the disc, there is no scratch or finger print, its crystal clear and on the top of the disc is also clean, i dont know what happen, please help me out and make me recover those videos from the disc so that i can create another one, this is the only disc of my brother wedding, i dont have any other copy or video , please do help me

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Many of us distrust the LTH type BD discs.

You can try ISOBuster to recover the video, but there are no guarantees that it will work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry once nothing can read it nothing can recover it. lth was a bad idea to begin with, it used recycled cd/dvd making machines, spun on organic dye, and recycled the spun off dye. there are many reports of them failing over time.

the only thing you can do is keep trying different computer blu-ray drives to see if one can still read anything off the disc.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks i will try my various players now, if LTH type is not reliable then which one is best? i will copy all discs from lth to the one u will describe
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    normal bd-r are fine. memorex, philips, optical quantum, normal HTL verbatim.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. I also have Verbatim 25GB and 50 GB Inkjet printable Discs Spindle, there is nothing mention like LTH on it, are these reliable?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Many of us distrust the LTH type BD discs.

You can try ISOBuster to recover the video, but there are no guarantees that it will work.
    trying isobuster, after running the software its showing me two tracks of the disc, Track 01 22.56 GB and Track 02 with some 64 KB, before Track 01 there is a red cross, and the ISOBUSTER is asking me to find the missing files, i have started to find that lets see what will be the result,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by amitabhbansal View Post
    I also have Verbatim 25GB and 50 GB Inkjet printable Discs Spindle, there is nothing mention like LTH on it, are these reliable?
    Verbatim's standard BD-R media is more reliable and normally has a longer life than its LTH media, although I'm not sure how long that is on average. Panasonic is supposed to make the best BD-R media for archival use, but it is hard to find outside of Japan and expensive.
    Quote Quote