VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been trying for many days now to solve this problem and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me. Here goes:

I want to back up some BD-50 discs to BD-25 discs. The BD-50 discs have 4 titles per disc and what I want to do is to put titles 1 and 2 from each disc onto one BD-25 disc and titles 3 and 4 onto another.

I have copied the BD-50 discs onto my HD using DVDFab and they are sitting there happily with each title having its own m2ts file with three elementary streams - video, sound and PGS subtitles.

So, what I would love to be able to do is to somehow make a partial copy of the BD-50 discs (for example, just copying titles 1 and 2). DVDFab has this function available in its latest release but sadly it does not work. I am not bothered about menus (in fact I'd prefer no menus) but owing to my deafness I need the PGS subtitles to be copied as well as the other two elementary streams.

I think I must have tried trial versions of every blu-ray copier program there is over recent days but have not been able to find one that allows me to take two of the four titles from a BD-50 and use them to create a new BD-25, and keeps the PGS subtitles.

I have also tried to find a program that I could use to take pairs of m2ts files and create from these a BD-25 with PGS subtitles, but again have had no luck.

I have also tried lots of freeware titles but have not been able to achieve what I want, namely to copy or build a BD-25 from two of the four titles on a BD-50 on my HD and preserve the PGS subtitles.

Please can somebody help me out? I don't mind paying for software if no suitable freeware is available.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tried using BD Rebuilder with the decrypted movie? You should be able to blank out the titles that you don't want included. Work in Full Backup mode. You'll also need to add these lines to your INI/Config file: ENABLE_TEST=1 and ENABLE_BLANKING=1
    You can find the config file in BD Rebuilder by clicking File-->View/Edit Config file

To do the actual blanking, right click on the title in the main window of BD Rebuilder. You should have to option to blank it out.

You haven't mentioned which freeware programs you've tried for making a blu ray from the m2ts files. Have you tried MultiAVCHD? It will let you make a menu to select each title. I find the program a bit flakey, and unpredictable, but when it works it has few peers amongst the free programs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks Kerry56 (and V Bot). I tried BD Rebuilder in the way you said but I cannot get it to work. When I right-click on a title to blank out BD Rebuilder blanks out all of the titles instead of just one, so unless I am doing something wrong I don't think BD Rebuilder can help me. AVCHDCoder (after taking a long time) gets the subtitles out of sync and V Bot's recommendation sadly doesn't pick up the subtitles in the m2ts files. I am going to try MultiAVCHD again to see if I can get it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Update: multiAVCHD has done what I wanted.
    Quote Quote