VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 h264 files I've run across while encoding my blu-rays they each are slightly different. Both files say they are encoded as interlaced. The first it looks like it's blended maybe? While the second I can't really tell what it is, it has both film and video content but the original was mastered on video according to the info I have. I'm not sure if it's my setup but when I load them into avisynth and just try to use QTGMC, yadif or even separate fields it never looks right. I did try ffindex, lsmash, dga and just loading it up into VirtualDub2 with deinterlace to see if that would even work.

Something simple like:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("LSMASHSource.dll")
    LWLibavVideoSource("File1.mkv")
    LoadPlugin("yadifmod2.dll")
    Yadifmod2(order=-1)
    Doesn't seem to do anything at all, while a normal mpeg2 file off a DVD is fine. All I did was cut the files and remove the audio so these aren't processed in anyway.

I copied them to my mega account if anyone wants to take a look.

https://mega.nz/folder/7XBVnCBK#mDL8m6zUE8p6hFKKrMVUCQ

File1.mkv is the one I need to mess with the most, while I would like to deinterlace it proper, eventually I would also like to make a copy with 23.976fps so I can insert a small part into a second file easily.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. File1 is interlaced standard definition video that has been upscaled without consideration for the interlacing, pretty much ruining your chances of cleanly deinterlacing it. You certainly won't do it with any simple filter like Bob, Yadif, or QTGMC. This doesn't look too bad:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("File1.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 
    BilinearResize(width,270)
    Sharpen(0.0, 0.7)
    nnedi3(dh=true)
    nnedi3(dh=true)
    File2 has already been deinterlaced. You might clean it up a little with QTGMC(InputType=2).
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. @jagabo: Have you ever tried whether it makes a difference if you use something like DPID (http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DPID) instead of BilinearResize?
    (on higher quality input; File1 doesn't really have much sharpness to it.)

C Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. I haven't used DPID. I'll take a look at it. But the point of downscaling here is to eliminate detail (the combing artifacts), not preserve it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sure, but ideally you would keep as much as possible from the original details that don't container the combing artifacs.
    But thanks, I just was wondering while you used bilinear and not something else.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I haven't used DPID. I'll take a look at it. But the point of downscaling here is to eliminate detail (the combing artifacts), not preserve it.
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Sure, but ideally you would keep as much as possible from the original details that don't container the combing artifacs.
    But thanks, I just was wondering while you used bilinear and not something else.
    Thank you both for the help! My encoding pc ended up dying, finally got all the parts together and they look great.
    Quote Quote