VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys

for a lot of reasons (making gifs mainly I know there are a lot of ways to get into it but this is the way that I like it) I still using TMPGenc 2.5... yeah in spite of the upgraded versions of it that we have nowadays the thing is that I use it in order to take the frames of a video in particular I mean. I select the video, then I set the size of the it, the frame ratio, and finally the format (BMP cuz it's old) for being saved. but recently I upgraded from WINDOWS 8.1 to WINDOWS 10 and this is not working anymore for me. I installed the TMPGenc 2.5 but by the time of select the video range it doesn't works the only thing that I get it's the very first frame of the video and by this I understand it's a codec issue.

and according to Gspot.

VIDEO
    H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
    Codec Status Undetermined

AUDIO
    mp4a: MPEG-4 AAC LC
    Status Undetermined

What should I do? I have tried with a codec pack, but it doesn't help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have avisynth installed? If so does it load in avspmod? If not you will need to install source filters like lsmash, ffms, etc and get it to load via avisynth first, then load the avs file into tmpeg. I've done this on windows 10 64 bit without issue to test encode mpeg-1 videos
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by dannyboy48888 View Post
    Do you have avisynth installed? If so does it load in avspmod? If not you will need to install source filters like lsmash, ffms, etc and get it to load via avisynth first, then load the avs file into tmpeg. I've done this on windows 10 64 bit without issue to test encode mpeg-1 videos
    I just installed avisynth and so far no change :/
    Quote Quote  
  4. After you've install avisynth you need to creat a script to load it on TMPGenc like:
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("your video.avi")
    Also, you can use virtualdub/virtualdub2 to create gifs also.

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    After you've install avisynth you need to creat a script to load it on TMPGenc like:
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("your video.avi")
    Also, you can use virtualdub/virtualdub2 to create gifs also.

WOW but how do I create a script?

uh! I was able to made gifs and read MKV on TMPGenc after having installed Matroskasplitter but I got some green and purple screens at trying to re-encode a MKV with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works
    Quote Quote