VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,
    Dorking around with VB.net express i decided to create a front end to some common tasks i find that i
    find myself doing constantly- repairing indexes (MKV & AVI), packing/unpack b-frames & changing fourcc
    For my standalone or a family member/friend.

Here's how it works.
    appname: Mybatch
    Drag/drop or double click listbox to load file(s).
    -what i do for the 100+ files and 300+ directories is use
    Search for *.* and drag the files onto the gui.
    - for now file types have to be the same for the task
    select the radiobutton for the specific task
    - you can edit the default cli args by right clicking and choosing 'edit scripts'
    finally press the execute button.

Cmd.exe will open and process the batch file 'script.bat' in the application directory.
    I plan on creating 'new' button to reset listbox and append new tasks to 'script.bat'
    I will probably finalize the 'save bat' option and enable mpeg4modifer/fourcc changer options sometime this week
    and -maybe- clean-up the the root application dir by organzing the resources. Maybe adapt for more advanced tasks such as soopafresh scripts.

There's a GUI.INI in the application root - change the labels, radiobuttons names to whatever you want
    or translate for a friend but don't change the order. There's a Proj.ini in the app root where you can save listbox
    collection for later processing.

Again, this is for me is to be used for repair tasks but theoretically it can be customized to do whatever (i think!)
    No coding expert here either just having fun learning.

Any Suggestions? Let me know what you think. I would especially like opions on the scripts used for the batch file and what you consider generic cli args for fixing avi's and mkvs (with mencoder & mkvmerge) . There's a mkclean.exe app i don't know if its worth having I did some tests and didn't notice much differences, just fooled around with the mkclean 'optimize' arg.

- Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by VirtualDoobMon; 21st Dec 2011 at 16:33. Reason: 21/12/2011 - fixes & added a few more features.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,
    Updated a few things.

Remember, this is nothing more than a batch file generator for those who
    wish to do exact same tasks for x amount of files with various freewares.
    Reason i created this was i hate dealing with dos & FOR commands and the file name headaches.
    The scripts are all the things i find myself doing when needing to repair videos (ie torrents) ..
    You can change the default options by loading a file and right clicking over the UI and selecting
    'change scripts' then saving. For example, the default for MPEG4Modifer is --unpack but you may
    want to use --pack instead. All the scripts can be modified for the various tools so use as needed for your
    needs.

The 'Save/Add to batch' button will ADD - just overwrite your saved batch file to append new tasks.

Here's whats available so far:

1. repair avi files (fix index)
    2. repair mkv files (fix index)
    3. change fourcc
    4. pack/unpack bframes
    5. ffmpeg to easily change container formats (ie Avi > MKV)

Hope you find it useful. I will periodically update as needed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, thankyou so much for your effort, this it pretty much what I've been looking for for long time now.

I'm testing your utility as I write.

One thing that I noticed and it would be much appreciated is the possibility to recursively scan a root folder and pick up automatically video files

e.g. if I have a
    Code:
    dir1/subdir/subdir/myvideofile.avi
    I need to manually scan the subfolders and add video files only. how about instead having the utility scanning subfolders and picking up e.g. *.avi or *.mkv?

2) Still talking about batch processing, how about having a function to first check the index and rebuild only if this is broken?

I have many videos and some of them have broken indexes, with this recursive import and index checking your utility can really help a lot!!! Thanks

many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No problem and thx for the feedback. I'll look into those requests when I have time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry wrong thread
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oops wrong thread.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is a very old thread, but I just had to say thank you to VirtualDoobMon for this gem. I just got a Sony BDP-S5100 (which I absolutely love) that won't play Divx and had to use 4CC Changer on hundreds of files. This thread and its tiny GUI that still has a working link to download has saved my sanity and a LOT of my time, it works great to do hundreds of files at once in a minute.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'd like to echo Henderson's comment. This is the only utility I've been able to find that allows for batch changing FourCC's. And since I have several thousand DivX files that my Blue Ray player won't play unless I change the FourCC, doing them one at a time would turn my brain to mush pretty quickly.

The only thing I wish it had was the ability to choose which FourCC to apply to the files, but I can use a text editor on the resulting batch file and modify the codes pretty easily, so it's not a problem.

UPDATE: Just finished changing the 4CC's on just over 4,000 files across 4 different drives in a little under 15 minutes, and that includes editing the resulting batch files with a text editor to change the 4CC to MP4V instead of XVID (because I was getting inconsistent playback results on my BluRay player using XVID). I can't even imagine how long it would have taken to do the same thing one file at a time.
    Last edited by awgie; 25th Feb 2014 at 20:56. Reason: Updated to report results
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What a fantastic find this tool is, and a big thanks to VirtualDoobMon for the effort.
    Have saved many, many hours processing my avi's.
    regards.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have been looking for something like this for long time!
    I'm really grateful and would like to contribute my way to this software, with a couple of suggestions:

- Reindexing myvideo.mkv creates a file called myvideo.mkv.mkv it's fine with me but it would be nice to have an option to remove the old file and rename the new one as the old one (sounds like overwrite new on old)

- I would be also nice to check if the index has problem before taking any action. This would solve the batch processing of large libraries

- a simple control to manage the queue would help a lot like add,remove,move elements in the queue

- a pause and run N elements in the queue would also be nice to have (do consider batch processing of 1000s of videos)

- a GUI function to accept in input a root folder and process al the subfolders to find and add to the queue only video files

- repair of mp4 would be very much appreciated

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's been years since this was first posted, & I just wanted to say "Thanks!" My LG DVD player won't play DivX unless the FourCC is changed, & this tool makes it a breeze. Again, thank you.
    Stiiv
    Quote Quote