VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I purchased a 1 year license of BD Wizard and I am trying to demux MKV using TSmuxerGUI. When I go to create Blu-ray it doesn't work properly and only shows up as 186mb. I have some personal videos and a wedding in both MP4 and MKV files. For anyone that has used this program what is the proper program to use to demux Blu-ray compliant files to create a BD on BD Wizard? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try gMKVExtractGUI to extract elementary audio and video from MKV files and clever FFmpeg-GUI to extract elementary audio and video from MP4 files.

However, if BD Wizard still rejects the elementary streams, it is possible that the elementary streams are either in the wrong type of container file or don't actually comply with the Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray spec. In that case, you may need other software to fix those problems.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Try gMKVExtractGUI to extract elementary audio and video from MKV files and clever FFmpeg-GUI to extract elementary audio and video from MP4 files.

However, if BD Wizard still rejects the elementary streams, it is possible that the elementary streams are either in the wrong type of container file or don't actually comply with the Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray spec. In that case, you may need other software to fix those problems.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well the gMKVextractGUI came back with error adding asset and the FFmpeg-GUI seemed to work with no issues but the completed file is still only 186mb. So no none of them worked even if they should.

This software is pretty frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mikey128v View Post
    Well the gMKVextractGUI came back with error adding asset and the FFmpeg-GUI seemed to work with no issues but the completed file is still only 186mb. So no none of them worked even if they should.

Do you have MediaInfo? if not go to the MediaInfo page in VideoHelp's software section by clicking on the MediaInfo link in my previous sentence, download it, and install MediaInfo. Open the problem MKV file in MediaInfo. Click on "View" in the Menu Bar and then click on "Text" in the drop-down menu. Copy and paste the full report into a post.

Also, have you been able to play the problem MKV all the way through without any problems using VLC?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Well the gMKVextractGUI came back with error adding asset and the FFmpeg-GUI seemed to work with no issues but the completed file is still only 186mb. So no none of them worked even if they should.

Do you have MediaInfo? if not go to the MediaInfo page in VideoHelp's software section by clicking on the MediaInfo link in my previous sentence, download it, and install MediaInfo. Open the problem MKV file in MediaInfo. Click on "View" in the Menu Bar and then click on "Text" in the drop-down menu. Copy and paste the full report into a post.

Also, have you been able to play the problem MKV all the way through without any problems using VLC?
    The MKV file plays fine. I put lots of my personal videos from my phone,camera on an HDD and no playback issues with any of them. The BD Wizard always stops at let me correct myself it's actually 183mb for any BD I try to create. So it gets to compiling destination project and stops at 1% than says it's finished. and.....183mb.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is very likely that there is something wrong with your recordings. BD Wizard was created by a company that makes professional video authoring software. Professionals are expected to know what they are doing so unlike typical consumer Blu-ray authoring software, Blu-ray authoring software made for professionals does not automatically re-encode video and audio to ensure that they meet the Blu-ray spec prior to authoring. ...and if there is something wrong with the video or audio, it won't finish compiling the project.

Posting a MediaInfo report for the problem video would allow other forum members to double-check the characteristics of the video and audio to make sure that they actually do fully meet the specs for Blu-ray or UHD Blu-ray. For example, phones frequently produce recordings with variable frame rate video. Among other things, Blu-ray requires constant frame rate video. However, if you don't want anyone's help to eliminate the possibility that you have made a mistake in evaluating your video and audio for compliance, you can continue trying to find out what went wrong with your project on your own.
    Quote Quote  
  8. your video isn't compliant, should've tried with a trial first.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I do want help what software can I use to make a Blu-ray compliant video/audio file for the program? I'll see if I can post some info later on here with Mediainfo.

I agree I should have done a trial first.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Image
    [Attachment 68698 - Click to enlarge]

I am trying to do a BD of personal older home movies from miniDV for starters and this is what mediainfo gave me. This is from one of the video files demuxed for BD Wizard.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do want help what software can I use to make a Blu-ray compliant video/audio file for the program? I'll see if I can post some info later on here with Mediainfo.

I agree I should have done a trial first.
    TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 re-encodes video and audio for compliance with the Blu-ray spec and authors Blu-ray with menus, although it does use templates for menu creation. It has a free trial. However, I'm not sure whether TMPGEnc Authoring Works can do a good job with variable framerate video if that happens to be the source of your problems. I have seen some threads at VideoHelp about converting variable frame rate video to constant frame rate video using ffmpeg scripts.

If by chance you are trying to author UHD Blu-ray, don't know what to suggest. There is no truly consumer-friendly licensed authoring software for UHD Blu-ray. (BD Wizard is actually the closest thing to that available now.) Also, UHD Blu-ray on BD-XL media has some playback issues. The reason for both of these things is that the UHD Blu-ray spec only includes pressed media.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Jan 2023 at 14:51.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 68698 - Click to enlarge]

I am trying to do a BD of personal older home movies from miniDV for starters and this is what mediainfo gave me. This is from one of the video files demuxed for BD Wizard.
    At that resolution, the Blu-ray spec requires interlaced video. Your video is progressive.

[Edit] DV AVI is interlaced. You may want to start over with a DV AVI file if you can. TMPGEnc Authoring Works can import some types of DV AVI and convert it for authoring. If TMPGEnc Authoring Works can't import it, try importing your DV AVI file into Cyberlink Power Director, which also has a free trial. Cyberlink Power Director is an editor but it can also author simple Blu-ray.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Jan 2023 at 17:09.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks UQ. I probably should have purchased TMPGEnc AW6. I just got the trial version and it pretty much has everything I need. I will likely wind up purchasing it. I thought BD Wizard would be way easier but it isn't. I still want to make a few BD's off it I have no need for UHD right now. I even contacted the makers of BD Wizard and they were not as helpful as you guys have been here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would have gone from miniDV to captured avi to mpeg-2 720 interlaced. it's allowed under the blu-ray spec. the free version of Blu-Disc Studio Lite can make bd's if you don't need involved menus.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks UQ. I probably should have purchased TMPGEnc AW6. I just got the trial version and it pretty much has everything I need. I will likely wind up purchasing it. I thought BD Wizard would be way easier but it isn't. I still want to make a few BD's off it I have no need for UHD right now. I even contacted the makers of BD Wizard and they were not as helpful as you guys have been here.
    BD Wizard is an inexpensive software solution intended for video professionals with a small business (and a small budget) or very advanced video hobbyists. BD Wizard probably doesn't provide support unless someone buys the 500 euro package.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 16th Jan 2023 at 11:40.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Thanks UQ. I probably should have purchased TMPGEnc AW6. I just got the trial version and it pretty much has everything I need. I will likely wind up purchasing it. I thought BD Wizard would be way easier but it isn't. I still want to make a few BD's off it I have no need for UHD right now. I even contacted the makers of BD Wizard and they were not as helpful as you guys have been here.
    BD Wizard is an inexpensive software solution intended for video professionals with a small business (and a small budget) or very advanced video hobbyists. BD Wizard probably doesn't provide support unless someone buys the 500 euro package.
    Well in my defense this is what was advertised:
    BD Wizard is an application for creating Blu-ray and BD UHD (4k) discs. The most simple, efficient and easy-to-use program. BD Wizard lets you create Blu-ray in just 4 steps. Users do not need deep knowledge of Blu-ray, they don't need to make monotonous and repetitive connections, programming and editing commands. They can easily and quickly create complex and highly interactive Blu-ray titles.
    A little misleading to say the least. I have not been able to make one BD using this software yet because the streams are non compliant or not up to spec. Users have offered help here but not sure what program to use that would properly demux video and audio to create a BD in this program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the company still in business?
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Well in my defense this is what was advertised:
    BD Wizard is an application for creating Blu-ray and BD UHD (4k) discs. The most simple, efficient and easy-to-use program. BD Wizard lets you create Blu-ray in just 4 steps. Users do not need deep knowledge of Blu-ray, they don't need to make monotonous and repetitive connections, programming and editing commands. They can easily and quickly create complex and highly interactive Blu-ray titles.
    A little misleading to say the least. I have not been able to make one BD using this software yet because the streams are non compliant or not up to spec. Users have offered help here but not sure what program to use that would properly demux video and audio to create a BD in this program.
    Yes, it is somewhat misleading if one is new to Blu-ray authoring. Deep knowledge of Blu-ray, for example, knowledge of Java programming for BDJ, is not needed but users do need to know how to create Blu-ray-compliant video, audio, and subtitles.

If you want to learn how to use FFmpeg, it is possible to write scripts for demultiplexing nearly any type of multi-stream AV container file. However, your problem did not seem to me to be mostly connected to demultiplexing. Your biggest problem was that the video was not encoded for compliance with the Blu-ray spec.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Users have offered help here but not sure what program to use that would properly demux video and audio to create a BD in this program.
    As usually_quiet mentioned, demux will not help. You need to re-encode the video. I recommend using x264 (you can try this UI https://blu-disc.net/download/EncoderUI.rar)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by mikey128v View Post

I am trying to do a BD of personal older home movies from miniDV for starters and this is what mediainfo gave me. .
    it should be in DV codec 25Mbps with WAV audio, the video should be interlace not progressive. The capture method you used is what messed it up. BD spec is very strict.

I do want help what software can I use to make a Blu-ray compliant video/audio file for the program?.
    x264
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks for all your help. I tried that EncoderUI but it wouldn't go past x264 encoder not specified.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    This is UI. It needs the encoder itself. You can download it from the https://download.videolan.org/x264/binaries/ (https://download.videolan.org/x264/binaries/win64/x264-r2901-7d0ff22.exe should work fine)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    This is UI. It needs the encoder itself. You can download it from the https://download.videolan.org/x264/binaries/ (https://download.videolan.org/x264/binaries/win64/x264-r2901-7d0ff22.exe should work fine)
    What do you know that worked. I was able to make my first BD as a test with the BD Wizard except no audio. It did not generate an audio file and I did not add one but I am happy I was able to actually do something with this software I paid for finally for the first time. So now I need to know how to properly extract audio to add with the x264 file. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Audio can be incompatible too. If it does and you're using AC3 I recommend using eac3to to fix this, but you need to use different bitrate that file has, otherwise eac3to will not re-encode. Or you can export your audio in WAV and convert it to AC3 using eac3to (eac3to source.wav new.ac3 -640)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    I tried Encoders UI last night. It would be a nice addition to VideoHelp's software section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried Encoders UI last night. It would be a nice addition to VideoHelp's software section.
    Yes it would!

But you can add the commands to handbrake and get output with audio as well:

Code:
    ref=5:bluray-compat:vbv-bufsize=30000:vbv-maxrate=40000:slices=4:open-gop:keyint=24:b-pyramid=none:colorprim=bt709:transfer=bt709:colormatrix=bt709
    note that reference frames of 5 needs to be set as bluray-compat uses 1 minus what was set. Thus you get 4 here.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
    Yes it would!

But you can add the commands to handbrake and get output with audio as well:

Code:
    ref=5:bluray-compat:vbv-bufsize=30000:vbv-maxrate=40000:slices=4:open-gop:keyint=24:b-pyramid=none:colorprim=bt709:transfer=bt709:colormatrix=bt709
    note that reference frames of 5 needs to be set as bluray-compat uses 1 minus what was set. Thus you get 4 here.
    Since Google was not my friend today, how do you add code to Handbrake? (I must confess that I haven't used Handbrake beyond the basics and I can't be the only one who doesn't know how to add code. )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Put the code in the advanced window in the Video tab.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Remember to use 48kHz for audio for DVD-Video and Bluray. DV tapes might be 48 but they also might be 44.1 or 32kHz, so you may need to resample to 48 first before compressing/encoding.
    AC3 is probably the most common DVD/BD compliant codec. If you skipped past checking audio when previously encoding, you might have ended up with an AAC audio (which is NOT compliant for DVD or BD).

Scott
    Quote Quote