VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I followed the guide on this site to convert an mpeg to Divx using VirtualDub. I tried it out with a small vid clip (150 MB) to see how well it worked. when i tried to save the avi, the status window never seemed to change. the audio frames moved to 4096 and stopped, the video frames stayed at 0. it had 0% progress for a good hour. does it normally take this long to encode or is something definitely not working? i have win2k and virtualDub 1.4c if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I faced the same exact problem.
    I tried to let it for 12 hours or more, and yet no progress.
    Where did I get wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  3. oh yeah. I have Athlon 1G, 256MB ram, 20GB free disk space.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm having the same problem. I Tried playing around with some of the settings. I got it to kinda work, but the file I came out with was twice as big as the original. I want to turn my chunky MPEGs into AVIs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah I had the same problem too what I found out was
    that when i used MP-3 Audio for my audio compression instead of Divx Audio then the problem cleared up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. OMG, thank ou so much TheSaiyan. It worked perfectly. I too had found a fix. Under divx sound, you have to pick a bit rate that is labeled for divx, but its all really low quality, and there is this electronic echo... sounds really bad. But the sound with your fix is perfecto!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmmm... but that means the audio compression will be MP3 (not DivX), and the MP3 audio compression can't use 128kBit/s.

Anyway, all DivX files that I ever see used DivX on the audio compression. How could they do it then?

Is there any other solution?
    Quote Quote  
  8. top again again
    Quote Quote  
  9. top againagainagain.
    Quote Quote  
  10. when you choose divx audio as your compression method, to the right there is a list of bitrates

64 kbps, 48khz,stereo
    128 kbps, 44khz, stereo
    160 kbps, 44khz, stereo for Divx

well you can only pick the ones that say 'for Divx '

the rest wont work
    (i just tried it)

Quote Quote  
  11. methosz: what do you mean by "top"?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Oh thank's a lot w00kie. I'll try that.

Well, "top" means that I want to revive this thread put it on the top again (since nobody reply yet, and lower thread usually gets less attention).
    Quote Quote  
  13. kcella, he is bumping your thread so more people would read it and maybe answer it.
    Quote Quote