VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    The Sony x700 read the 100gb bdxl discs, burned at x2 with the DVDFab burner. Not use imgburn. Use only the 2layer from the disc, setting 66gb. They played perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Hell71 View Post
    The Sony x700 read the 100gb bdxl discs, burned at x2 with the DVDFab burner. Not use imgburn. Use only the 2layer from the disc, setting 66gb. They played perfectly.
    In your case it will work for you and I will not discuss it, but I know more people who have Sony X700 and it doesnīt work. I did the test myself recording as you say and it didnīt work either, that is, it reads it but when it reaches the second layer stops.
    Today there is no method or player (except the vast majority of the Panasonic ub900) that makes the bdxl to 100%.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I not know what to tell you, it works for me, I do not understand why it does not work for you. I use the verbatim 100gb disc. A suggestion when it stops at the pass to the second layer,
    go back manually and have it resume from the same position. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hell71 you use Verbatim 100Go or Verbatim Mitsubishi 100Go ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Verbatim
    Quote Quote  
  6. BDXL recorded in two and three layers is reproduced perfectly by my Panasonic UB900.
    I bought one and it recognizes all the discs without problems.
    A greeting
    Quote Quote  
  7. How about SONY UBP-X800M2 and panasonic 820, panasonic 450 , have bdxl support ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by valynew View Post
    How about SONY UBP-X800M2 and panasonic 820, panasonic 450 , have bdxl support ?
    The panasonic 820 no, the other two until they don`t come out and someone tries we can not know, in the official specifications it does not say that they can read bdxl.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I wonder if the new Panasonic UB9000 can playback BDXL.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Exactly what is the best and easiest way to compress material to a BD50 disc? I can see that many 4K UHD discs only have 50-60 GB data on them. I dont want to compress the bitrate on the video, but simply removing some of the many Audio-tracks should be possible?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Yes it's possible, but just with the video-movie and only one audio-track, many of 4K BD-Disc will be more 50Gb...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Has anyone tried a philips bdp7502?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  13. [This thread has been very helpful. I just joined to post here]. I bought an LG UBK80 thinking that it would handle BD-XL discs. At least 2 LG reps claimed that it could. It was only after the case was elevated that I was told that this was not true. Oh, well...
    I use a component driven A/V setup with a Roku Ultra for 4K streaming. I need a player that handles BD-XL discs [and everything else] that preferably does not have the streaming ability. My take on this is that it just drives up the cost. This is why I got the UBK80.
    What's the low price for such a player? Are there any out there now? Maybe more coming in the near future?
    Last edited by TheEmpathicEar; 16th Apr 2019 at 11:11.
    Quote Quote  
  14. The panasonic bd900 handles bdxl discs without any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I mean ub900!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    I mean ub900!
    How much does it cost?

EDIT: I just looked at the support page at Panasonic online. It does not specify BD-XL? I tried to find a download link for a PDF that might expand on what is available at the web site. Can anyone else find this?
    EDIT2:I found the PDF download version of the manual. Once again, it does not specify BD-XL?
    EDIT3: One thing to test fully test for BD-XL is to see if the player can handle a disc that uses all 3 layers?
    Last edited by TheEmpathicEar; 16th Apr 2019 at 12:38.
    Quote Quote  
  17. It'll cost what you're prepared pay! Check out ebay

Read the whole thread and you'll find the answer to your bdxl experience question ��
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    It'll cost what you're prepared pay! Check out ebay

Read the whole thread and you'll find the answer to your bdxl experience question ��
    Yeh. It is just strange that Panasonic is not advertising this? If there are not many other company's players that can do this and your player can do this, why not shout it to the roof tops?? I'm curious. I might call Panasonic when I have time and ask them specifically about this?
    Also, it would be nice to see what folks that have bought this have paid for it? Google Shopping suggests that is cost roughly $1000 USD.
    EDIT: Panasonic telephone support was a 20+m wait. After about a 15-20 minute wait for chat, all they would say is we don't sell this player in the US and that they only provide support/info about US sold players. This seems fairly restrictive? Maybe they don't want us poor US natives to have access? LOL Also, my guess is that this restriction probably drives up prices here in the US?
    Last edited by TheEmpathicEar; 16th Apr 2019 at 14:13.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TheEmpathicEar View Post
    Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    It'll cost what you're prepared pay! Check out ebay

Yeh. It is just strange that Panasonic is not advertising this? If there are not many other company's players that can do this and your player can do this, why not shout it to the roof tops?? I'm curious. I might call Panasonic when I have time and ask them specifically about this?
    Also, it would be nice to see what folks that have bought this have paid for it?
    BDXL playback is too inconsistent for them to claim support even if it is possible. If a player plays BDXL media at all, only some brands of BDXL media are playable and the compatible brands vary among UHD Blu-ray players.

Then there is the matter of the content on those BD-XL discs. It's certainly legal to put media files from 4K cameras on BD-XL, but ripping and downloading are not legal from the Blue-ray Disc Association's perspective, and there is no official support from the BDA yet for authored UHD Blu-ray on burned media. As far as I can find out, the Blu-ray Disc Association hasn't even released a spec governing authored UHD Bu-ray on BD-XL or any other burned BD media yet, although it is supposed to be working on one.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

BDXL playback is too inconsistent for them to claim support even if it is possible. If a player plays BDXL media at all, only some brands of BDXL media are playable and the compatible brands vary among UHD Blu-ray players.

Then there is the matter of the content on those BD-XL discs. It's certainly legal to put media files from 4K cameras on BD-XL, but ripping and downloading are not legal from the Blue-ray Disc Association's perspective, and there is no official support from the BDA yet for authored UHD Blu-ray on burned media. As far as I can find out, the Blu-ray Disc Association hasn't even released a spec governing authored UHD Bu-ray on BD-XL or any other burned BD media yet, although it is supposed to be working on one.
    FACT: Streaming in the dominant distribution method. But, disc playback is usually regarded as better that it's streaming counterpart. 4K Ultra HD retail has been around for quite a while now. You would think that this issue would have been settled by the BDA already?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    4K Ultra HD retail has been around for quite a while now. You would think that this issue would have been settled by the BDA already?
    In December 2017 I read a newsletter from Cyberlink which stated that the BDA was still working on a spec for burning authored UHD Blu-ray on BD media, and that Cyberlink wouldn't explore the feasibility of developing licensed consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software until the BDA's spec for UHD Blu-ray authoring on burned BD media is released.

PowerDirector 17 didn't include UHD Blu-ray authoring when it was released in September 2018, and there have been no further announcements on this subject. Maybe PowerDirector 18 will include UHD Blu-ray authoring, but that is far from certain at present.

Between the cost of good BD-XL media and the current consumer preference for storing large video files on USB storage devices, BD-XL isn't popular with consumers now, and it may never become popular with consumers.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    In December 2017 I read a newsletter from Cyberlink which stated that the BDA was still working on a spec for burning authored UHD Blu-ray on BD media, and that Cyberlink wouldn't explore the feasibility of developing licensed consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software until the BDA's spec for UHD Blu-ray authoring on burned BD media is released.

PowerDirector 17 didn't include UHD Blu-ray authoring when it was released in September 2018, and there have been no further announcements on this subject. Maybe PowerDirector 18 will include UHD Blu-ray authoring, but that is far from certain at present.

Between the cost of good BD-XL media and the current consumer preference for storing large video files on USB storage devices, BD-XL isn't popular with consumers now, and it may never become popular with consumers.
    "Authoring" in this context could refer to DVDfab, ImgBurn, Burnaware, etc.?
    Quote Quote  
  23. [See my above post] Those idiots at Panasonic claimed they do not sell this player in the US. Here it is https://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-dmp-ub900-4k-ultra-hd-wi-fi-built-in-blu-ray-pl...?skuId=5457202 What the heck is going on here??
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

"Authoring" in this context could refer to DVDfab, ImgBurn, Burnaware, etc.?
    ImgBurn and Burnaware aren't authoring software. They can only burn discs. Authoring creates the files and folders needed to produce to-spec DVD or Blu-ray or UHD Blu-ray discs which should be playable with a licensed hardware player. for those types of media. Some but not all authoring software also burns discs.

DVDFab claims to have a UHD Blu-ray authoring program, DVDFab UHD Blu-ray Creator, but instead of following a spec, the software was reverse engineered by examining existing UHD Blu-ray discs. The discs it produces are playable, but because there is no spec for UHD Blu-ray on burned media yet, and the software hasn't been licensed or certified by the BDA, and can't create menus, DVDFab UHD Blu-ray Creator isn't a product that I'd be comfortable recommending as a solution for someone looking for a consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring program.
    Quote Quote  
  25. @usually_quiet Thx for all your help and your clarification above. [We don't have Thanks/Like buttons here?]
    Quote Quote  
  26. [This might not be the right thread. But, DVDfab has been mentioned here...] http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html used to my source for Cinavia on DVD/Blu-Ray/UHD. But, it no longer seems to be updated? i.e. No entries for 2019 so far?
    Quote Quote  
  27. It has been a long time and today we still have no player that can read the bdxl without problems (only Panasonic UB900), why do you think that no brand is encouraged to remove any compatible player?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Zizux, this is not correct, my Sony x700 read the 4k films whiteout problems. Today I see Alita in 4k burned with DVDFab and the setting are: 66gb use dvdfab burner and set low velocity/ high quality. Than you see that do it and no stopped Wen change from 1° layer to 2° layer. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Hell71 View Post
    Zizux, this is not correct, my Sony x700 read the 4k films whiteout problems. Today I see Alita in 4k burned with DVDFab and the setting are: 66gb use dvdfab burner and set low velocity/ high quality. Than you see that do it and no stopped Wen change from 1° layer to 2° layer. Good luck.
    My comment is quite correct, today the only player that can read all the bdxl (less and more than 66gb) is the panasonic that I comment. Also if your Sony is able to read the bdxl of less than 66gb without having problems in the layer jump you are very lucky.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    Originally Posted by Hell71 View Post
    My comment is quite correct, today the only player that can read all the bdxl (less and more than 66gb) is the panasonic that I comment. Also if your Sony is able to read the bdxl of less than 66gb without having problems in the layer jump you are very lucky.
    Also, it's even more unlikely that the player can make the change between the 2nd layer and 3rd? [In the case of a film requiring 3 layers]
    Quote Quote