VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

Copies of 3D Blu-Rays saved in .iso format don't play in 3D but just in ordinary format (DVDFab ver. 11).
    The iso file sits on a QNAP NAS. Trying to play from there with the built-in Kodi version 17 player doesn't work, neither does it through my "MINIX NEO X8-H Android 4.4 Smart TV Box 4K 3D Blu-ray ISO Streaming Media Player Mini PC Amlogic S802-H Quad Core Cortex A9r4 Processor 2GB Ram16GB" with the built-in Kodi version 16 player.
    The video signal goes through my Denon 4520 to my 3D LG TV. It all goes fine from my Hardcopy Denon Blu-Ray player through the same setup.
    Any suggestion how I can play it? Do I need to buy another hardcopy media player or install another piece of software or?

Thank you kindly for any help.

Cheers
    Caesar
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    only a 3d bluray player will play 3d discs properly. files played through an audio receiver would have to be in half side-by-side or half over/under and you would need to manually push the 3d button on the tv remote and put i into the correct 3d mode.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    only a 3d bluray player will play 3d discs properly. files played through an audio receiver would have to be in half side-by-side or half over/under and you would need to manually push the 3d button on the tv remote and put i into the correct 3d mode.
    Hi aedipuss,

Thank you kindly for your info.
    The nvidia Shields and the Dune 4k Pro claim they can play .iso 3D fine.
    But I was looking to play them with my existing equipment properly first.
    I don't have a problem if the Blu-Ray menu doesn't show up and I have to go straight to the main title.

Cheers
    Caesar
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Popcorn A-500 media player plays all 3D formats including frame Packing (single frame) Top/Bottom Side-by-Side and it can convert a 3D image back to 2D if you want it. This is assuming you have a 3D capable TV attached... I've ripped all my 3D Blu Ray discs to MKV (using MakeMKV) and copied them onto my NAS. They play without any problems.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    The Popcorn A-500 media player plays all 3D formats including frame Packing (single frame) Top/Bottom Side-by-Side and it can convert a 3D image back to 2D if you want it. This is assuming you have a 3D capable TV attached... I've ripped all my 3D Blu Ray discs to MKV (using MakeMKV) and copied them onto my NAS. They play without any problems.
    Thanks mate.
    But I do not want to convert the files first but using a 1:1 version of the .iso file.
    I just got the news that the Dune 4k Pro is doing the job. So I will buy one of them.

Cheers
    Caesar
    Quote Quote