VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    In the past when I've rented movies on YouTube there were the options for SD or HD. The last several times I've rented a movie on YouTube it's labeled as UHD - which I understand to be 4k "Ultra High Definition". I've got a 1080p tv so I assumed it would scale it down to 1080 but in the settings it's showing up as 480. However when viewed full screen the image appears to me to be HD, not the fuzzy image you'd expect a fullscreen expanded 480 image to be.

Anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by brassplyer; 6th Sep 2021 at 19:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Video Streaming Downloading
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    In the past when I've rented movies on YouTube there were the options of SD or HD. The last several times I've rented a movie on YouTube it's labeled as UHD - which I understand to be 4k "Ultra High Definition". I've got a 1080p tv so I assume it would scale it down to 1080 but in the settings it's showing up as 480. However when viewed full screen the image appears to me to be HD, not the fuzzy image you'd expect a fullscreen expanded 480 image to be.

Anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks.
    do they show in 4K when you view the movies on android or ios ?? - https://9to5google.com/2020/10/21/google-temporarily-limits-purchased-movie-playback-o...80p-w-youtube/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    No idea, I don't watch movies on a phone.

Enlightening that YouTube is charging for an HD movie when they can't deliver due to "technical problems" which sounds like a bs smokescreen. They can deliver endless free videos in HD but not movies people pay for?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was your WiFi/Ethernet connection and your Internet connection operating at the speed required for HD at the time you rented the movie?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Was your WiFi/Ethernet connection and your Internet connection operating at the speed required for HD at the time you rented the movie?
    I watch 1080p videos on YouTube all the time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. If your system isn't secure playback of DRM'd material may be restricted to 480p.
    https://testweb.playready.microsoft.com/Tool/Hwdrm
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Sep 2021 at 06:00.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    Enlightening that YouTube is charging for an HD movie when they can't deliver due to "technical problems" which sounds like a bs smokescreen. They can deliver endless free videos in HD but not movies people pay for?
    Pound your fist on the table and scream "I demand satisfaction!", then contact YouTube and tell them you want your money back, and if they don't give you a refund, then call your credit card company and tell them you got ripped off and you want them to reverse the charge.
    Quote Quote