VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. He changed the new post to this..

Also, the file is about 350 mB in size and I would like to compress the movies THAT I OWN!!!!! down more so I can fit more episodes on a single SD card. What format would be the best to convert it to? And are there any good programs (preferably free) that will do this for me? I know there are programs to convert DVD movies THTAT I OWN!!!!! to a small format for Pocket PCs but is there anything for movies already converted to divx?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But downloaded movies could have been PD. The only name mentioned was a TV episode. On the other hand, after the thread was locked, the way he went off on Cobra was uncalled for. Good ridance.

Still want to see how this works out on the Seinfeld ones though...
    Quote Quote  
  3. But he also didnt say he downloaded the TV show.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Any downloaded copyrighted material (TV or Movie) = WAREZ.
    Any mod disagree?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by HatchetMan
    Any downloaded copyrighted material = WAREZ.
    Any mod disagree?
    This is the question I want to know and the point of this thread.But it is not clear about TV shows.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Exactly why the question is directed towards mods. Different countries have different legalities, but the mods here are going to have to settle on one and only one rule for this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Gurm wrote:
    TV Shows are fair game, movies aren't. Best not to ask about downloaded movies here, pretty strict rules keep this place off the radar of the thought police.
    lordsmurf wrote:
    No, they are not.
    ALL DOWNLOADED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL is forbidden.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Unless it's mentioned that the download is illegal, TV shows are OK to download and burn to DVD.

That's the last word I got on it from Mister Big after mistakenly yellow-carding a member who had downloaded and burned a show to DVD.

And what does this mean?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1186459#1186459

But in this one, Baldrick himself said it was ok. Again, the reason for this thread. The mods are discussing it. We just need to wait for their final answer.

Granted, in this one, the OP never said they downloaded, but the screen cap clearly shows it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have never heard anybody mention - Ok, so today I illegally downloaded...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HatchetMan
    I have never heard anybody mention - Ok, so today I illegally downloaded...
    I have. Happened last week. The OP said "I downloaded a movie (not legally ) and I wanted to...." or very similar to that!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by HatchetMan
    I have never heard anybody mention - Ok, so today I illegally downloaded...
    You know what There was one guy that did,I'm looking for it now,It was Funny..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Some people really must be dumber than they look.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by canadateck
    thanks, funniest stuff I read all day

I am a true Noob.
    I have not read any guides, but...
    I don't know what authoring or encoding is.
    I forgot to add that i am using run of the mill files off limewire and kazaa, (music video files) to watch while driving
    thanks to everyone that didn't help and just replied with something negative
    I downloaded the files illegally i believe. I didn't pay for them, like I said before...
    I know this is not rocket science because i bought one off ebay that another human made.
    I am not a stupid person, I know this can be done with the shit that i listed.
    this is fuggin retarded.
    is there some kind of membership or donation button i can hit to get a little more help and a little less searching and reading for myself.
    Don't get pissed everyone, I work too much and learn too much to have time for
    i dont' feel like hitting the faq's page or the search button
    Quote Quote  
  15. I like this one.

is there some kind of membership or donation button i can hit to get a little more help and a little less searching and reading for myself.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yeah, I've often looked for that button on other forums, haven't found it yet though. Funny, he was willing to pay for assistance but not for the actual product.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Very good point....
    Quote Quote  
  18. BAck to the downloading issue, what about the case where you actually own a particular DVD and then download an Xvid version of it?? Just to check the quality of conversion methods, for instance?

I believe I have seen it stated that this would be acceptable.
    Quote Quote