VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. i've never even thought of printing the face of the dvd until i came across this thread! the results are truly great! (and no, the guy with the glow didn't pinch the other guys designs! Though lets be honest here guys, it's not high art is it, taking a couple of promo photos and adding a title!)
    anyhoo, i digress...
    the smudge issue puts me off - is this only with wet hands???? are they ok to touch with dry hands?? (if it is it's not an issue - i always wash/dry my hands after pee-ing!)
    had a browse around 'coverfiends - some really nice stuff there - check out this guys hard work, it's impressive!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wet hands....or any drops of water will smudge it as well.... does anyone know of a place that might sell sample packs of printable DVD media?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rima.com and meritline.com both sell sample packs. I have heard of people having problems with meritline, but I've ordered from them twice without a problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by burdell1
    wet hands....or any drops of water will smudge it as well.... does anyone know of a place that might sell sample packs of printable DVD media?
    In a thread about trye inkjet printables, I tested the sample pack from Rima, it is here in the media forum somewhere. One note: The DupEZ that come in the sample pack (at least mine) were 1x, and Rima no longer sells the 1x DupEZ, only the 4X. The 4x Dupez look like they have a different coating, so the results are unknown.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can someone address 'optimal' settings for CD/DVD printing on the R300, please??

On another note, when my R300 kicks the DVD tray outwards (just before printing), it just stays there.. the printer does not 'pull' it back in to print.. ??? I have to line up the arrows again, then send another print job (cancelling the original request first). I am following manual instructions to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. when it kicks it out those couple inches push it back in real quick and it will work everytime.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can anyone tell which software you used to capture a movie scene to print on a DVD-R using the Epson R300 ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. On the topic of print quality.....anyone tried Maxell or Taiyo Yuden printables on an Epson R300?

Just curious....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by camm
    i've never even thought of printing the face of the dvd until i came across this thread! the results are truly great! (and no, the guy with the glow didn't pinch the other guys designs! Though lets be honest here guys, it's not high art is it, taking a couple of promo photos and adding a title!)
    anyhoo, i digress...
    the smudge issue puts me off - is this only with wet hands???? are they ok to touch with dry hands?? (if it is it's not an issue - i always wash/dry my hands after pee-ing!)
    had a browse around 'coverfiends - some really nice stuff there - check out this guys hard work, it's impressive!
    Thanks for the compliment. I think it is obvious the designs were original, as you have noticed he never bothered responding.
    Movie covers, Game covers, PC covers, and more!

www.coverfiend.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Purchased the R300 back in January and have printed numerous CD's and DVD's with it... not once did it print off center as bad as that photo showed... interesting.

The 'kick out' thing that several people mentioned is wierd. When I line up the tray in mine, arrows pointing at each other, send the print command from the PC, the tray does slide in and out several times until it begins the print process, but never had a mis-alligned print....

First thing I would check for is an updated driver from Epson. I believe that when I installed my software, there was already an update from Epson available and I installed that as well.

Or maybe a firmware issue? Do printers like the R300 have upgradeable firmware? I never checked myself... but I'm leaning towards the problem some are having as being related to older drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok, just an update on my site www.coverfiend.com This site now has a lot of covers, and the NEW disc label section has launched.
    Site still stinks.. and why are you promoting it here? Stict to the topic and quit whoring your pathetic site here. Stick to www.dvdcoverart.com much better and alot better deal.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Hawseman
    On the topic of print quality.....anyone tried Maxell or Taiyo Yuden printables on an Epson R300?

Just curious....
    My TY CDR printables print like a charm.

OT:.........seems like Chunky boy has some envy issues going on there!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just thought I would add the the R200's can now be found at CompUsa. I saw some people are looking for them.
    Quote Quote  
  14. labels look good ,how about the smear test if they get damp.
    Quote Quote  
  15. as for the tray pushing out and not grabbing back, push it in a bit past the arrows to start with, about 1/16 of an inch. If I line it up exact it usually kicks out and won't reload it automatically, but putting it in 1/16 of an inch past the marks its kicks out about 1/4 of an inch and pulls it back in every time.

And could a few people post what settings they use for DVD/CD Prints? I'm trying to get a good quality print with Economical ink consumption. I've been using a slightly modified setting of the default settings and this thing sucks up ink like mad. I don't see how anyone could get 150 discs out of it before changing carts like I've seen reported a few times.
    Quote Quote  
  16. have anybody try to print this http://www.shop4tech.com/item2119.html with the epson r300?[/url]
    TQ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Says in big letters THERMAL. Won't print with INKJET printers.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  18. OOOOOOOOOSOOOOOOOOOOOM!! I printed that same Lara Crauft DVD Label which on Page 2 of this topic to just check my brand new Epson R300 and it printed in same as that picture not a slight difference. Loving it
    Quote Quote